}•06

◎⊙◎

South Califronia
and other temeperate parts of the world
March 02, 2019
6:59 P.M. PST

The wind whistled wildly. Eerily. With the ravaging snowstorm that topped the record over the century, the air became unbearably cold. The streets and establishments were horribly deserted. It seemed to be a ghost town with frozen roads and window panes.

     The silent sky with dark clouds was heavily pouring down the largest icicles aside from the snow. The trees were swaying to the wildest wind, swaying not to their permission. The hour was hellish, burning cold. And no one knew if every one could survive the night and day.

Holland City
Phillippines
March 02, 2019
7:01 P.M. PST

Ariesa had been silent since she woke up. Hindi man lang niya sinubukang magsalita. Though she’d been out for a while, she felt that it didn’t help her instead it gave her chills.

     “What the heck is happening?” she whispered, her face was a picture of curiosity and fear as she hopped out of the taxi next to her home. As she stood, unmoving, at the front of her house, she heaved a deep sigh. She was scared with everything that was going on.

     You’re mine . . . Ariesa. Mine. . . .

     Hearing the words echoed inside her head made her shivered. She felt the uncanny vibration ran down her spine, giving her chills throughout her body. The voice seemed to come from the underworld, echoing, cold. Sometimes, she wondered if it was real or not.

     Once again, she sighed before entering the facade. It didn’t take so much time before the vicious space of the house greeted her. The green theme of the house she put up a couple of days back was visible. Only that her father wouldn’t be able to see it for now.

     She stopped, breathed air and exhaled it roughly. She missed her father. If only he was by her side she wouldn’t have to worry about anything. But his business mattered more than her. Ang hiling lang niya’y sana ay maayos ang kalagayan nito sa mga oras na ‘yon. Masyado siyang nag-aalala sa magulang niya, bali-balita pa naman ang tungkol sa halimaw doon. She would hope it wasn’t real.

     Before moving on, she dialed her father’s phone number, hoping it would answer her call though madalang lang itong mangyari.

     The phone rang.

     She waited.

     The other line answered, Mushi mushi!”

     Ariesa heard her father’s voice saying hello. It was rough and deep as always. Mushi mushi, Otōsan,” she opted to reply, happiness depicted from her voice.

     “Why are you calling me, Musume-san?” His voice seemed to be upset and if she could see her father’s face right now, it would be a canvass of disappointment.

     Her smile worn out. “I . . . I just want to know if you’re okay, Otōsan,” she said, her voice was now low.