}•11

◎⊙◎

Slowly, Reri, who appeared to be a woman, opened her eyes. In a blink, she saw the white ceiling silenty greeting her wake. She heard her own pain as she tried to move at doon lang nanumbalik sa kaniya ang lahat ng nangyari. That’s it. She wasn’t in Zoidion. Maybe in someone’s crib—someone no other than a Rare Blood.

     She rolled sideward only to be surprised she was near at the edge of the bed. When she couldn’t pull her body back, she fell down on the floor. Her curse was hard as how she slumped.

     “Ay, Ma’am! Okay lang po kayo?”

     She didn’t notice the door opened and that’s why a woman’s voice was seemed to be a scare for her. In her struggle to stand up, the housemaid helped her. She pulled back, stared at the Rare Blood—short in height, big in size. Wasn’t old, maybe of 30s, but its voice was friendly.

     “Okay lang po ba kayo?”

     In a few seconds of hesitation, she nodded as a response, stared at her again, not wanting to give the Rare Blood a chance to hurt her if that’s what it wanted. She stepped back only to have found herself against the table behind her.

     “Ah. May pagkain akong dinala,” the housemoud cut the uncomfortableness. Iniayos niya ang mga pagkaing nasa foodtray na minsan niyang inilapag sa kama nang makita niyang nasa sahig na ang dalaga. And when she sensed that Reri wasn’t conversing, she excused herself.

     Reri heard the distinct click on the door. Minsan pa’y natutuhan niya ring huminga. She admitted that she was scared. Who wouldn’t be? That was a Rare Blood. Mabuti na lang siguro kung may kapangyarihan pa siyang ipagtanggol ang sarili. She was just thankful that Rare Blood wasn’t a bastard.

     She sighed, looked at her right palm. She could not sense her power, nor the other Celestials. She let a hard sigh. She never thought she would experience the same thing again.

     Aware of the silence, Reri wandered her eyes around the room. She could see white all over the place. Ang mga palamuti at mga gamit ay halos puti ang kulay. Ang iba’y may kulay na bumabagay naman sa puti. Minsan’y pa’y nabaling ang kaniyang mga mata sa pagkaing nasa harapan niya. It surprised her to hear her stomach growl. Kaya hindi niya pinalampas ang pagkakataong makakain ulit ng pagkaing mula sa mundo ng mga Rare Blood.

     “Brrp!” She was astounded to hear the same sound again after her meal. She would think she needed more for her brother. What the! she minded as she remembered her twin brother. “Peri?” she whispered, wanting to call him using her mind. But her energy wasn’t full she could not channel her voice into the air. “Peri?” she called again, striding next to the door. She opened it then started to wander all over the place.

     She shut her mouth for a while. She couldn’t afford to be heard, to be noticed lurking around. Every one might think she’s into stealing. She took the stairs down, careful not be seen. When on the first floor, she tiptoed and hid on the near sofa as another Rare Blood with the same outfit as the previous strode to somewhere. Nang mawala na sa paningin niya ang tao’y tumayo siya’t tinahak ang kabilang daan.

     Peri, nasaan ka na ba? she tried co
nnecting.

     “Manang pakilinisan na lang po ang kuwarto ko.”

     “Sige po, Sir. Tulungan mo ‘ko, Mina.”

     Bago pa man siya mahagip ng tingin ng dalawang mga katulong ay agad na siyang nakapagtago. Nang hindi na mahagip ng tingin niya ang dalawa’y unti-unti niyang sinilip ang may-ari ng boses.

     Reri saw a fine man, sitting next to the table. With a cup of coffee he used to sip, he was undeniably focused on staring at his laptop. My Summoner? she asked herself as she tried to decipher the man’s Sign. It took her a few seconds to find a result. Is he a Gemini? Ugh! She thought she got it but ended up being confused. Somehow she could sense a Gemini but he’s more of an Aquarius and a Libra. “Rare Blood,” she finally blurted behind her hide. What could she expect? Talagang hindi niya mahuhulaan ang Sign nito. She should have known Rare Blood’s Sign was not easy to tell puwera na lang kung tanungin niya.

     “Who is that?”

     Bahagya siyang napaatras sa pinagtataguan. She was in her deep thoughts she didn’t realize she blurted words loud enough for someone near to hear.

     Reri cursed . . .

     “I said who’s there?”

     . . . and didn’t expect it to be heard. Napasampal na lang siya sa sariling mukha sa katangahan. And when she removed her palm from her face laking gulat niya nang makita ang isang magandang lalaki sa kaniyang harapan. She made a quick and sharp mutter. She stared at him. Large blue eyes, long eyelashes, thick eyebrows, pointed nose, well-carved jawline, red lips—“Are you a Gemini,” she asked out of discomfort.

     His brows met. “I am an Aquarius.” His voice was a little bit deep. “So you’re already awake.” He scanned her from head to toe. A fine young woman. “I guess that shirt made you uncomfortable.”

     Reri quickly scanned herself and found herself with long legs. On her left thigh was the Gemini sign. Itinaas niya nang bahagya ang kaliwang paa upang mahaplos ang marka. In a matter of a second her eyes met her chest. She touched it and found its curves. She took a slight sigh. She was in her true form—woman.

     “Pasensiya na, walang kasiyang damit sina Manang Lordes dito,” he informed as he went back to the table and placed the cup on it. He closed the laptop and plunged it to its bag, carried it and walked back to hers.

     She scanned her cloth again and found to have wearing a man’s shirt enough to cover her slender body, only that it wasn’t that enough to hide her legs.

     “Bibilhan na lang kita ‘pag balik ko. Then we’ll talk.” His voice was cold as he strode to the main door. He peered over his shoulder after a stop. “Your twin brother is on the second floor. If you need something, you can ask Mang Lordes and Minda.” He opened the door. “And oh. Don’t try to steal, I have lots of connections.” And then he already went away.

     Reri made a hissing sound as if to let herself know she’s irritated from what she heard steal.”

     “May kailangan po ba kayo, Ma’am?” Lordes came in from outside. Reri nodded only to see Peri.

Tohkyo, Jhapan
Miyamoto Comic Publishing
March 03, 2019
3:25 P.M.

“I am sorry, Zed,” Hiro Mashinma reiterated. He didn’t want to make anime anymore and that would compromise Zed Miyamoto’s business.

     “H’m. I understand.” They stood up. “Until you write again. I’ll be glad to be your partner in producing high quality anime,” Miyamoto stated though he knew Hiro had already given his words.

     Arigato,” Hiro thanked, shaking his friend’s hand for the last time he thought. Afterwards, he went out of the publishing house and stood in front of the façade looking at the sky. He sighed in fear. The prophecy he’d thought to be absurd had come to life. And there’s no way to put an end to the something sinister he had made than chasing it. Of course he’d really do it. He’d risk his life. He’d follow it on the neighboring country. End it as soon as possible even if it meant his death.

* * *