}•16

◎⊙◎

“Ano’ng mangyayari ‘pag nakuha ko na ang mga susi?” Ariesa remembered she asked while on their way to a stop.

     Racchina answered, “You’ll have to open up all the gates at once, Ariesa. You’ll send us back to our world and would have to close the portal after.”

     “Will I get my normal life back?”

     “H’m.”

     She sighed. She would to do everything they said for her life and for Aqua.

To get away from her thoughts, Ariesa had grabbed clothes from the display—“Isuot niyo ‘to.”—and gave it to Racchina and Zyke. “Medyo out of place mga kasuotan niyo rito sa mundo namin. Maliban na lang kung nasa cotume party tayo,” she explained. Agad naman iyong isinuot ng dalawa sa kaniya-kaniyang fitting room sa isang mall na pinasukan nila. Of course, she didn’t forget about herself. She took a clothing of her fancy at isinuot din iyon.

     Nang lumabas siya’y tumambad sa kaniya ang dalawa na suot-suot na ang mga damit. Napangita siya nang bahagya. They looked good with jeans and white t-shirts. She took her cellphone out and grabbed the opportunity to capture a picture of them. Tiningnan niya ito sa cellphone, “Alam niyo bagay kayong dalawa,” Ariesa didn’t hesitate to say.

     Zyke smirked and walked out, headed for the exit of the mall. Naiwan naman silang dalawa sa store na iyon.

     “Bakit mo naman sinabi ‘yon?” Racchina wasn’t mad but concerned.

     “Bakit, hindi ba? Bagay naman talaga kayo. In fact, the first time I saw both of you I thought magkasintahan kayo.”

     Racchina sighed, stared at her for a second, then went out ahead of Ariesa.

     Hala. Ano’ng nangyari sa dalawang ‘yon? Ariesa thought. “Tsk!” she mumbled to ease her guilt. After a while she already moved to the nearest food area. Bumili muna siya ng makakain bago sinundan sa labas ang dalawa.

     Ariesa slid herself into her car and luckily found them inside. She could hear the silence hovering around. “Ay pasensiya na, nadisturbo ko ba ang intimate conversation niyo?” She’d like to say date but she already antipicated herself to be explaining if she had done it. Nakita niya ang pamumula sa mukha ni Racchina. Si Zyke naman, sa malayo nakatingin. “Ehem!”

     “Cut it out, Ariesa,” Racchina commanded while hugging herself.

     “Ba’t ‘di na lang kasi maging kayo?” Ariesa didn’t want to say it but her guts had told her to do so. ‘Di rin niya maiwasang manukso. Minsan talaga sinusumpong siya ng ganitong sakit. “Oy, Zyke, galaw-galaw din—” she was interrupted with her own screams when Zyke put the tip of her hair into flames. “Sunog! Nasusunog buhok ko!” she screamed while sliding herself out of the car. She hastily rolled on the ground. When she already had figured out everything was fine, she stood up. Ariesa heard herself catching her breath. Ilang segundo pa’t mahinhin siyang pumasok sa kotse nang mapansin ang mga taong nakatingin sa kaniya.

     She carefully sat down and closed the door—put her seatbelt on. Ilang segundo rin niyang pinakinggan ang walang kakibo-kibong mga kasama bago niya i-summon ang compass.

     “Show us the Celestials’ location,” she requested. Pyxis became a silver magic circle moving slowly in a horizontal manner. In less time, nine specks appeared on top of the magic circle. In a few second the landmarks of each city appeared next to each speck.

     Now, she could see the black one moving fast, moving closer to Virgo. “It’s almost on Virgo,” she let them know while still locking her eyes on the black speck.

     “Kailangan nating magmadali!” Racchina exclaimed.

     Now, Ariesa turned the engine on and sped up for good though every one of them knew Virgo couldn’t be saved.

The door cracked open. Virgo, who was lying on a hospital bed, sensed him. She abruptly opened her eyes and sat up. To her surprise, he saw a fine man in front. She gritted her teeth. She knew him—not the body but the monster inside it.

     “Hello, Virgo,” the monster greeted and then laughed evily. She wanted to channel an energy into her hand for defense but she couldn’t. And when he chocked her, Virgo could already attest her vulnerability.

     “Ce—” she was about to conclude a name for him but failed. His grip was undeniably strong. In a space of a heartbeat, Virgo vanished into a dark key. Then, the monster turned it into his own force.

“Who are Racchina’s parents, Ruth?” Loki would have to ask again. Ruth had been resistant all the way. “Tell me!” he hollered, aware of his own impatience.

     Ruth smirked. “Akala ko ba isang beses mo lang akong tatanungin?”

     Loki’s ego was hit. He’d never been mocked this way before. Mataas ang respeto sa kaniya ng lahat ng tao sa Zoidion kahit na ano pa ang Sign nito. He cursed, then electrified her in a minute. “Huwag mo ‘kong susubukin, Ruth. Hindi mo alam ang kaya kong gawin!”

     “Then, s-show me,” she challenged, giving him a mocking smile.

     Loki gritted his teeth, forming his hands into fists. In a matter of seconds, he’d calm himself. Now, he gave her a winning laugh. And it seemed to be effective when Ruth held her guts back. “You will be killed,” Loki muttered with a smile on the edge of his lips. “All these years, you’ve been housing a Rare Blood in Capricorn Region which is a clear violation of the law.” He paused. “When the Celestials are already back, I will be the one to kill you in your judgment day.”

     “I’m not afraid, Loki,” Ruth managed to inform.

     Loki already moved out, leaving Ruth on the top of her lungs cursing him.

* * *