E P I L O G U E

◎⊙◎

“Enjoy the night,” Gretie stated shortly before vanishing into thin air. Ayaw niyang pahirapan pa ang sarili. Kaya agad siyang naglaho na parang bola. When she blinked, she was already at the center of Zoidion―at the Great Circle which was altered to look like a huge hall. There were only ground with marble floors ornamented with extravagant designs; a terrace around the circular hall; and eighty-eight constellations above, circling the celestial body called moon. In a little time, the Zoidians recognized her presence. “It’s time to officially bestow all the Celestial Keys.” With that, all the Zodians gathered around the circular ring which just appeared when Gretie arrived. She was at the center that she could see Racchina, Zyke, and all the apprentices around her, looking gorgeous and handsome.

     “For the Silver Keys!” she exclaimed. The crowd went silent. “Come over all those with marks!” In a space of a heartbeat, seventy-four Zoidians acquired marks. Agad silang pumunta sa gitna’t tumayo sa labas ng ring habang nakapalibot dito. “For the Ophiuchus, and Cetus’ golden keys.” She paused. “Come over.”

     Taya came over. Bakas sa mukha niya at ni Racchina ang tuwa. For now, she was already wearing Ophiuchus’ mark on her shoulder. She stepped inside the ring near its edge. For Cetus’ key, someone from Aries Region obtained it.

     “From this time on, Irgo of Taurus Region will handle the Taurus key,” she started. “He is privileged to rule over Taurus Region.” The key floated towards Irgo. Gretie had given the keys of Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Scorpio, Libra, Virgo, Sagittarius, Aquarius, Capricorn and Pisces to, Gemida, Suwan, Zyke, Con, Drok, Taru, Xyluz, Adiya, Racchina, and Kases, respectively. All who were called moved inside the ring, standing near the edge, around Gretie.

     “And now,” she looked at Euai. “This is the Aries key.” The key floated. “The owner of this key will have the privilege to lead the Aries Region and the whole Zoidion for a year. Right after her reign, Irgo will take over. And when he’s done, every one with the order of the Zodiac Signs should follow.”

     The key floated to Euai. And when it’s already in her hands, the crowd cheered for her.

     “Listened, Zoidion.” Gretie interrupted the crowd’s joy. There was silence. “I have made a decision.” That’s it. She was ready to let them know about her decision. “I’m leaving Zoidion, and the Celestial World.” The crowd gasped. “I have decided to go back to Rare World―my home.” For that, Gretie was certain. “I will remove all of my memories of this world’s existence. I wanted to pursue a normal life.” She looked at the fully anointed Bearers, and then she grew an orb in her hand. It floated next to her palm. In a matter of seconds, it was alreay filled with white and golden dusts. “These are my memories which I will leave in Zoidion. Keep it. At kung sakaling kailangan niyo ako―which I doubt―just break this orb.” She held back her hand. In an instant, the orb was already lying on a scepter which came surprisingly grew from the ground. In a space of a heartbeat, she started fading into dusts. She closed her eyes. She could already see a snippet of what her advent in Rare World would look like―Aqua and her father were outside the house waiting for her. It would be a nice start.

     She opened her eyes.

     The Zoidians bowed down.

     And now, she was utterly gone.

     There were chatters when Gretie already disappeared but Euai interrupted it, “Dear Zoidians. Today, we conquered all the darkness. Isn’t this the time to be merrier?” Fortunately, it was effective. The crowd gained their happiness back. They would always inculcuate in their minds that the goddess would always be there for them no matter how far she was. For tonight, they must be gayful.

     Euai lifted her key upward, the eighty-seven Bearers followed. From the tip of their gate keys came their magic circles. Racchina flashed a smile on Zyke. And for the second time―“Eighty-eight Gates . . .”―they summoned the Celestials at once, “Open!”

* * * * *