}•18

◎⊙◎

Loki had been seeing the newly arrived comrades in the castle. He could say that the Time Freeze Prora had used for their world had been dilapidating dramatically but thought it was a good sign for Zoidion. The energy they needed from Rare World had been working. But it would surely take time before all the people would go wide-awake. As for now, he was glad of the progress.

     He walked almost briskly, striding through the hallway into corridors. He’s aware of his presence being anticipated. He’d waste no time to talk to the former Bearers.

Arda rhythmically tapped the table with her fingers. Her face was an illustration of impatience. As she waited with the other eight former Bearers at the Zoidiac Council, she could not invision how long would it take before she could spill out her complaints.

     The door banged open after a minute. Loki came into view. The Council had been filled with chatters as he walked into his table.

     Loki cleared his throat and suddenly the noise dramatically descended into silence. He scanned the faces of the attendees, reassuring everyone was around before he could start the meeting.

     “Hail to the Celestial Spirits,” Loki began and then received confirmation from the former Bearers.

     Arda went on, “Can you explain why my daughter was arrested and probably had been heavily tortured right now?” Her face was becoming red in anger. She could not afford to continue unanswered. This time, the other went with the same complaints about why their regions’ Bearers were imprisoned. By now, the Council had become louder.

     “I order your silence!” Loki hollered. He was expecting how inorderly this meeting would be and that it require him to explain.

     “Let me do it,” Prora wanted to clarify things. And when Loki had let her, she already began, “Racchina, the Bearer of Capricorn Region had undeniably showed prowess in opening three Celestial Gates during war. This means she is a Rare Blood.” The former Bearers listened unwillingly. “Her co-Bearers had witnessed it, even some of us and the people of Zoidion. But then, upon the end of the war, no one from them immediately uttered the lawlessness.”

     Loki carried through, “This is a clear violation of the law.”

     “Curse that damn law!” Rahin interjected. “I want Con back in our region!”

     “Release Irgo from prison, Loki!” Lorfia inserted.

     “Take Racchina instead, Loki,” Cronus, who was silent since the assembly, had spoken out. “Let the other Bearers slip by.” Even if Racchina was one of her people he could not hide the truth of her having an unlawful blood. He must stand on the right side of the lane.

     “Are you contradicting the Zoidian Law?” Loki retorted.

     “The point here is,” Tron spoke. “We should not subject the Bearers in imprisonment. Hindi ba natin iko-consider ang ginawa nilang pagligatas sa mundo natin?”

     “Tama,” Shari assented. “Kailangan silang pakawalan.”

     Now, every one was giving off their comments. Loki could not get to it one by one. “Laws are laws, folks!” he shouted. “You can never go against the law!”

     “We’re going too far,” Von reminded. “Why not clear these things after Racchina’s comeback?”

     Natigilan ang lahat.

     “Right,” Gerida agreed. “Tsaka na natin pag-isipan ang gagawin sa kanila pagkatapos nating mapag-usapan ang dapat nating gawing aksiyon kay Racchina.”

     Loki sighed as if to let his guard down already. “Nothing has changed. She will be punished. She will be killed.” Though Racchina had helped to save Zoidion, they could not afford to let a Rare Blood live. Not when there was a prophecy.

     “Afraid of the prediction, Loki?” Von threatened.

     “We all are,” Prora answered instead.

     “We cannot let another war to take place,” Loki uttered.

     “H’m.” Gerida agreed. “As soon as Racchina came back here in Zoidion, we’ll directly anoint a verdict for her.”

     Loki smirked, “If . . . she comes back alive.”

* * *