}•33

◎⊙◎

Cetus screamed in anger. Hindi siya makapaniwala sa nangyayari. At ngayo’y nalalagay siya sa kasahulan. His power wasn’t enough to beat the Celestials lalo na’t wala siyang panlaban dito.

     “Zodiac Gates, open!” The Celestials appeared one at a time in front of Ariesa, facing Cetus who was filled with anger and―fear? Ariesa thought she had seen him in fear. That’s right, she would love him in fear. Nakakapagbigay ito kay Ariesa ng lakas upang lumaban. Now that the Celestials were back, already in front as her game pieces, she was happy she could no longer doubt her triumph.

     Cetus was shaking. He knew he’d be defeated. With all the thirteen Celestials lining up on his sight, he could not win the battle if he wouldn’t do something. But what else could he do? Kahit isang susi ay wala siya. Hindi magiging sapat ang negatibong enerhiyang nakukuha niya mula sa mga tao niya. If he’d insist to fight them in his current form he’d be defeated. Current form. Of course it’s frail, uncapable. But with his true form, he’d be unstoppable.

     Cetus laughed evily as the Celestials prepared their offense. For once, he’d look at each and remembered memories he’d forever give up for his something he’d about to do. He was certain he’d do it even it meant he’d lose control over himself. There were no other choices, anyway. Everything was gone on his side, there was no turning back now.

     Now, he’d turn all his black energy into nimbus, the sphere included as well as the people. As he’d done that, the people under his control turned to ashes, already had given up all their life’s energy. No more sphere, only a gate key in his hand.

     “Never do that, Cetus!” Aries warned. Hindi siya takot sa susunod na mangyayari bagkus takot siya kung ano mang mangyayari kay Cetus. If he’d do it, he wouldn’t remember anything, not every one, not his bestfiend.

     “It’s too late.” Cetus was ready. If he could not go to the past, then he’d just have to destroy everything in this world, including the Celestials. Without them, all the worlds would be innahilated. Now, he quickly hoisted the key upward. “Gate of the Sea Monster . . .”

     Ariesa sensed the future danger that would come if she’d let Cetus do what he wanted to do. “Get that key!” she ordered.

     The Celestials moved, attacking Cetus in all sides. But the magic circle on the tip of his key had become a great shield for him. All the attacks were repelled back.

     “Open!” The earth shook. The debris from the devastated buildings fell, came crashing on the ground. The townhall was not an exemption.

     “Capricorn, Leo, Cancer,” she called him. “Get Racchina, Zyke, and Hiro in a safe place.”

     The Celestials she commanded went on. Meanwhile, something huge was breaking out from the magic circle. Ariesa could her it bellow from the deep.

     “Ariesa!”

     Someone had called. It was Aries already in her side in a blink of an eye. In a space of a heartbeat, he’d carried her; jumped away from a cracking ground.

     “What is it?” she asked when Aries released her.

     “It’s Cetus’ true form.”

     “But―” she was hesitant. How could Cetus come out from the magic circle while still inside the man?

     Aries sensed her bafflement, so he explained, “Once the real Cetus come out from the magic circle, its host will no longer of use. He’s powerful, Ariesa. We could not let him out.”

     “H’m,” she agreed. “Celestials,” she called. “Do every possible attacks at the magic circle!”

     The Celestials listened. Aquarius landed a wave of water into the magic circle; Virgo rained it with black leaves; Sagittarius targeted a part of Cetus’ fin which was already on the edge of the magic circle.

     “We cannot stop him unless we stop the host!” Leo hollered. Cetus wasn’t fully out of the world, if they’d be able to stop the host, maybe, they’d be able to hinder his entrance. Leo summoned lightnings and diverted it into the dark magic circle; while Libra fastened the host in its spot. Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Scorpio, Aries and Pisces did everything they could do to put the host off. But Cetus protected himself with dark shields.

     Ariesa gritted her teeth. Wala pa ring nangyayaring maganda sa mga atake ng Celestials. Sa tingin niya’y kailanan na niya na ring tumulong. Hindi na niya matiis na manood na lang. So she breathed softly, taught of something that could make her useful. In no time, she’d bumped into something she’s uncertain.

     She extended her hand forward, channeled her nimbus into it. Ophiuchus’ key was already in her hands. Now, she would have to call her, “Ophiuchus!” A white magic circle appeared from where a charming Celestial with a beautiful face came into view. It didn’t take time before Ariesa realized that her lower body was of a snake’s. Ophiuchus’ eyes were black. The edges of her face and her naked upper body were covered with white scales. She surely was a half serpent.

     Hearing the other Celestials’ possible defeat, Ariesa ran forward towards the host. Hindi niya alam kung magtatagumpay siya gayoong hindi niya rin alam kung ang gagawin niya’y posible rin ba. But she tightened her belief. And then, on her way, she hollered, “Ophiuchus, Zodiac Take Over!”

     Ophiuchus, who was left behind Ariesa, crept after her, so fast that it only take a few seconds before reaching the Summoner. In a space of a heartbeat, while Ariesa was still on her way, Ophiuchus vanished behind her. Ilang segundo lang at napapalibutan na siya ng nimbus sa buong katawan. Ariesa could feel Ophiuchus’ life energy in her. Nararamdaman niya ang unti-unti nitong pagsanib sa katawan at kaluluwa niya.

     Now, Ariesa glowed, changed her appearance into something new. In less time, Ariesa and Ophiuchus were already one.

     She stopped, waited for her own next move. When she finally breathed, she said, “Stop!” The Celestials stopped. They were in awe seeing her in a takeover. “Let’s land our attacks in unison.” Ariesa thought it would be helpful. Kailangan pagsabay-sabayin ang mga atake nila nang sa gayoon ay baka magkaroon sila ng tiyansa.

     Ariesa grew a white energy ball from her hands, the other Celestials had also prepared their remarkable attacks. And when she hollered, “Aim for the host!” All of them stroke their powers towards the human host.

     Smoke of dusts covered the foe. As they waited, Ariesa hoped it would be over. But as she sensed a great power, still lurking on the earth, her heart skipped a beat. The smoke was gone, the host was on the ground, unbreathing, useless, but the vast magic portal was still there―with a huge monstrous whale already in sight.

* * *