}•22

◎⊙◎

"Aqua," she whispered near Aqua's face. After a few seconds of staring at her innocence, Ariesa kissed her forehead. She situated herself next to her. She brushed her sister's hair for more than a minute never anticipated it to have hypnotized her. In no time, she'd already fell asleep . . .

. . . She woke up, felt the uncanny silence of the room. As her gaze landed next to her, she found nothing but herself. Aqua was no longer beside her. In fact, the vines were no longer there to protect her.

And now, her heart beat fast, her heart stiffened, her breathing becoming thin. Her body's reflex was familiar. Someone might be in danger-her.

"Ariesa. . . ."
She gasped for air. It was him, in her sister's room. His pale skin looked good on the dim light of the lampshade. His black clothes suited on his muscular body build. A man with such aesthetics could proved to be lethal. And with the fact that he had powers made him more dangerous.

Ariesa stood up quickly. With the anxiety creeping in her body, she dared to step back. She was aware of his advancement. As her back hit the wall, he carefully advanced next to her. He locked his eyes on hers as he walked. He could not let Ariesa slip away, not again.

"Ano'ng kailangan mo!" Ariesa hollered. As much as she wanted to escape but she was paralyzed.

"It was always you, Ariesa." He stopped, too close to her. Then, he leaned forward, situated his mouth next to her left ear, then whispered, "It was always . . . you." Now, Ariesa could feel the warmth of his lips touching her neck. It was soft but it only made her scared. In a few seconds, his face was already close to hers she could feel his breathing. "You owe may a kiss . . ." he whispered, then cupped her chin in one hand. By now, Ariesa was already frightened, her eyes were already watering. But he wouldn't hold back; he'd waited for this.

Without hesitation, he carefully compressed his lips on hers. Her lips was soft, he liked it so much. If only she'd chosen him, he wouldn't be treacherous.

Ariesa's lengthy eyelashes flew open. Everything was back. The vine were there; Aqua was already next to her. She sat up after gasping for air. She wiped her tears and cautiously spied every corner of the room. He wasn't there-she was dreaming but it felt real.

She slid herself off the bed and sat down on the floor. In no time, Ariesa had heard herself sobbing. She hugged her knees close to her chest. She was scared. She was really scared. What if he would come back? What if it was really real? These thoughts made her cry even more.

"Aqua . . ." she whispered her sister's name. In fact, she'd already whispered her mother and father's names but she failed to have acquired their presence. Now, Aqua wasn't waking up. Wala siyang ibang maaaring makausap o makasama. She wanted to feel safe but who could give her the safety she needed? "Aries . . ." she unknowingly whispered.

"Ariesa. . . ." Aries had come out from the Celestial World. Her earnest plea was strong it drove him out. He could see her crying and hurt him as her Celestial. He contemplated to hug her but did it after a while, hoping to ease Ariesa's fear for the meantime.

Her body ached: her neck, arms, legs-she didn't have a good sleep. Nang magising siya'y nakadapo na ang ulo niya sa gilid ng kama. Masakit din ang ulo niya kaya hindi nakakapanibago ang pagdaing niya. Now, still on the floor, she remembered everything. From the enemy to . . . "Aries . . ?" Her eyes widened. She remembered herself summoned Aries. She must not be mistaken. She'd have to tell the others. Pero wala siyang ebidensiya. Pa'no siya maniniwala sa sarili?

Her gaze reached on the bed, and there, she saw Aries' key. It was golden, with an Aries mark in the center. She smiled. She made it! She just summoned a Celestial.

Agad siyang patakbong bumama ng first floor matapos bigyan ng halik ang kapatid. Racchina, Zyke and Hiro had sensed her excitement. "I have good news!" diin niya. "I just summoned Aries last night." Sensing their silence she showed the Aries key. Bakas naman ang tuwa kay Racchina at Hiro.

"Now, call him," Zyke, unfaced, challenged. Nais niyang makita ang patunay sa sinasabi ni Ariesa.

"H'm," Ariesa was taken aback. To complete her statement, she'd have to call him. She's determined.

"Do it, now," Zyke demanded.

Ariesa tightened her grip on the key, then extended it sideward. "Gate of the Ram . . ." she started, and then waited for the magic circle to appear from its tip pero hindi ito nangyari. She'd try for the second time but failed. Napabuntong-hininga siya sa pagkadismaya. She was sure Aries was with her last night.

"Remember the feeling, Ariesa," Racchina uttered.

She glanced at Hiro who nodded in support of Rachina's advice. With that, she closed her eyes, remembered how she was able to call him. She remembered her plea, her desperation for his presence. "Gate of the Ram . . ." she extended the key sideward, and then without a doubt, she had managed to release its magic cirle on its tip. "I open thee . . ." The magic circle was enlarging. "Aries!" A red light flashed within the house. Within a few seconds, Aries came out with his original clothing. He was already back. His energy was already back.

Racchina, Zyke, and Mashinma bowed their heads down.

"Aries!" Ariesa exclaimed in gladness, then hugged him for a quick second. She had never thought she could finally summon a Celestial.

"Good job, Ariesa," Aries commended, and then, gave her a smile. In no time, his gaze landed on Hiro Mashinma. His expressions were gone into being unfaced. He looked at him, scanned him to his contentment. Hindi naman nagkulang sina Racchina sa pagpapaliwanag kung sino si Hiro. Aries just nodded, then from being silent, he said, "We really have to hide ourselves from him." He meant the enemy.

Zyke sighed. "What was it? Who is he?"

Every one wanted to know. Ariesa wanted to know more. For that, Aries talked, "He was Cetus, the fourteenth Celestial Spirit . . ." and was ready to tell nothing but the truth.

* * *