}•27

◎⊙◎

The dark-purple beam cut through the portal on the Great Circle’s ring. Unfortunately, it made its way across the benches, crashing the part of it of the arena into pieces so it could go for more distance. It traveled as far as the end of Zoidion, so no one could not know about it.

     Loki was already at the portal. With the other eight former Bearers on the side, thinking of something to do to stop the beam. It was dangerous. Everyone knew. It was not something to be taken for granted. The Council knew long before that a great energy was lurking outside the portal—in Rare World. Not long after his son was sent there that a remarkable dark energy had surprisingly made its presence known—the prophecy was already fulfilled. Now, the monster was attempting to ruin Zoidion while still in Rare World. They must find a way to stop the beam, or else every one will die.

     The beam released purple and dark particles. It floated around, unbelievably uncountable.

     “Nanghihina ako,” Prora remarked. She was covered with dusts. Agad siyang napaluhod at napahawak ng ulo.

     Loki sensed the dusts must have been the cause. “Do everything for yourself. Do not be caught up with the dusts.

     The former Bearers used their powers to protect themselves. Now, the particles were already thick and were spreading fast to Zoidion towns. Loki and the other could see how the trees on its way had dried—the dusts were poisons.

     “Kailangan nating gumawa ng paraan!” Rahin of Scorpio, who covered himself with spherical water, demanded.

     “We have to close the portal,” Loki stated, serious.

     “What? We’re not doing that,” Gerida exclaimed. “Zoidion will die without the Celestials’ energy.”

     “But we’ll die if we will not do it,” Loki explained. “We cannot use our powers forever to protect us from the dusts.”

     “We will die either way,” Cronus concluded.

     “Call Ruth,” Loki ordered.

     “Huh? We cannot close the portal.” Lorfia interjected.

     “We’re not closing it,” Loki uttered. “We’ll let Ruth make another portal.”

     “That would be a good idea,” Cronus approved. “We’ll tell Ruth to make a mirror portal. It will be situated across it so its beam would only reflect on it.”
     “At dahil do’n,”—Rahin cut in—“mapapaikli natin ang haba ng beam. At hindi na ito makakapag-release ng maraming particles.

     “Not only that,” Von uttered. “We’ll conceal the portals with a shield. For that, we have to call every magician in Zoidion.”

     “Let’s do it,” Loki approved.

“Back off, Ariesa,” Aries whispered. Agad naman niya iyong ginawa. Ilang segundo pa’y mas dumami ang pumalibot na mga monstrous vine sa kanila. Seguradong kahit saang panig sila magpunta’y may aatake sa kanila.

     “Give me my Ariesa,” Cetus demanded, still not drawing his vines from an offense. “I’ll assure I will not make your death painful.”

     “She’s not Ariesa,” Aries mumbled, not letting his guard down.

     Cetus smirked.

     “She’s not the Ariesa you’ve known in your previous life.”

     “She’s Ariesa—”