}•14

◎⊙◎

“You bring disgrace for all of Zoidion, Ordon!” Lenron had exclaimed in resentment. With the other princes and princesses, they aimed to stop the war set by the unlawful son. They never thought the establishment of regions had risen much of Ordon’s desire to rule. Maybe it was a big mistake—the queen made a terrible mistake.

     “You bring disgrace on me!” Ordon retorted. He was aware of his malicious doings but the discredit on his eligibility to be king weighed more. He could not take the shame. He would make Zoidion bow done at his feet. “Gate of the Serpant Bearer . . .” He hoisted the thirteenth key he had found on his room. For a second, his face was enveloped with sadness. He had remembered his mother entered his comfort; talked to him; and—he killed her. He had never thought she was about to give him a key. But it’s too late. He could not grieve. It was her fault, he thought. All he could do now was to initiate vengeance. Now, his facial expression was back—furious. “I open thee . . . Ophiuchus!” And the war had continued.

Ariesa abruptly opened her eyes and then exhaled roughly. Her visions were new—never been replayed. She stared across the street from her car while remembering and pondering what just happened in her dream. She had seen the same woman again—the queen. Everything had become clearer by now. She thought she might be connected to the place. The arrival of Racchina and Zyke would prove her conjecture. At sa tingin niya’y maaari na siyang mamuhay nang matisaway ‘pag natulungan na niya ang mga ito. Maaari na ring mawala ang mga nakikita niyang pangitain.

     “Ariesa. Ariesa.”

     Ariesa found the owner. It was Racchina sitting beside her. For that instant, she remembered how she messed up last night. She wandered her eyes around and only saw Zyke behind. “Nasaan sila Aries at Taurus?”

     Zyke answered, “Forced-close.” Her brews met. “Their gates were forced to be closed,” he explained. “You’re life energy weren’t enough to support two Celestials at once. It takes effort.”

     Racchina nodded at her. “Opening two or more gates at once will take up your life energy. It’s a risky thing to do, Ariesa. Your life could be an exchange.”

     Ariesa sighed. She could remember the feeling last night. She thought she’d die. “Pyxis!” she called instead. She would no longer call Aries for the meantime. Sa tingin niya’y baka hindi niya makayanan ulit at maaaring ‘yon pa ang ikahihinto pansamantala ng kanilang paghahanap. They could not risk taking a break ngayong may inuunahan sila. “We’ll find Gemini, next,” she informed at agad na pinaandar ang kotse habang naka-project ang sign ni Gemini sa isang lugar sa Gorden Gulf City.

     Minsan ding kinain nang katahimikan ang tatlo. Ilang minuto pa at sinira iyon ni Ariesa, “You were once a Summoner, right?” Napabaling sa kaniya ang dalawa. “Pansin ko kasing kayo minsan ‘yong nagtuturo sa akin kung paano i-summon ang isang Celestial.”

     “Tama ka,” Racchina assented. “We were once Bearers.” She paused. “I used to bear the Capricorn Key while Zyke—“

     “Leo,” Zyke interrupted at the back.

     The silence ruled again and Ariesa didn’t want to play with it along. She snatched her cellular phone and opened a clip using its google assistant. No less than a second did Racchina and Zyke notice what was being played on the screen.

     “Ano ‘yan?” Racchina asked, bewildered.

     “Is that how you summon Celestials back when you were Bearers?” Ariesa wanted to know something. Something that would garuantee an explanation and an end to a long-time search of this world for answers.

     Napatingin nang matalim si Zyke. “Of course.”

     “How is that possible?” Racchina gasped.

     Ariesa replied, “I thought this only happens in the anime—I mean, ‘yang pinapanood ninyo. Isn’t it a coincidence? Katulad na katulad ito sa sinasabi niyo sa akin tungkol sa inyo.” At katulad na katulad ito sa Magic Circle Phenomenon, Ariesa wanted to add. Everyone in Rare World had known this uncanny Magic Circle Phenomenon. It was popular all over the world. Kahit na matagal na itong nangyari ay hindi pa rin mawala-wala ang mga haka-haka tungkol dito. Hindi maipaliwanag ang pagkakaroon ng visions, ng halos lahat ng tao sa Holland at sa ibang panig ng mundo, tungkol sa isang magic circle na tumambad sa langit sa parte ng Holland. Ang ilang nagkakaroon ng visions ay nagsasabi pang may nakikita silang labing-tatlong kakaibang mga tao na may hawak na mga susi na tila ba makapangyarihan. And now that, a magic circle appeared above Holland, mas lalong nabuhay ang pag-aaral ng mga siyentista rito. Some said it was a warning from an alien envasion.

     Ariesa released all that thoughts and made a conclusion—she was sure that those visions were made by the Zoidians. “You were here a century ago?” she didn’t hold back.

     Zyke sighed softly. “The Celestials were here a century ago.”

     “Sabi ko na nga ba!” she exclaimed.

     “Bakit hindi ko alam?” Racchina complained.

     Zyke glared at her. “The pre-medieval war took the Celestials energy. They were sent here to gain their nimbus back. They tried to erase the memories of those who witnessed their advent but failed. Their powers weren’t enough to do it so they instill it as visions instead.”

     Ariesa was already clarified. Hindi niya inakalang maririnig niya ang tunay na dahilan ng phenomenon na iyon.

     “Sino ba’ng gumawa niyan?” Racchina inquired.

     Ariesa exhaled softly. “Hiro Mashinma.”

Hiro Mashinma had been watching the news again about a vast magic circle appearing at Holland City. He also rewatched a footage of the place’s reknowned clock which happened to unexpectedly ticked again. All this because of him. The only thing he could do right now was to make things right kahit na ang ibig sabihin pa nito ay pagharap niya nang tinakasang katotohanan.

* * *