}•23

◎⊙◎

“He was Cetus, the 14th Celestial Spirit.” Aries was ready. He’d have to tell everyone who he really was. “He was kind, energetic, and optimistic—but everything changed when he fell in love.” He paused, looked at Ariesa. “He fell in love with his human Bearer during the first advent of the Celestials at Holland a century ago. He loved her so much he gave up the Celestial World—and was after her.

     “We warned him . . . If a Spirit confesses his love and wouldn’t be loved back, his stars will disappear. And . . .” Aries could not get it done. “And—”

     “His key will disappear and he will die. . . .” Ariesa did it for him. She was surprised anyway. By now, she already had an explanation, scientists couldn’t have, about why a constellation named Cetus exploded a century now. Rare World only acknowledged eithy-seven constellations as of today. “He’s long been dead!” she realized as well. “Pero buhay siya.”

     “It’s because the Prophecy has come true . . .” Zyke cut in. “Beware! A man and a woman, born with different Signs. One is a Rare and the other has a purest blood. A love so unlawful creates a monster inside. From a womb comes great hiatus to the three worlds, won’t survive.”

     In less time, everyone had come to look at Racchina na tila ba sinusuri ng mga ito ang kung ano mang kasalanang nagawa niya. She was defensive, “I’ve never slept with a man.” Bakas sa mukha niya ang pagkadismaya. She thought everything dark was happening because of her, because she’s a Rare Blood. Now, everyone thought she had been with a man; she had borne a son. That was ridiculous! Napayuko siya nang bahagya sa hiya.

     “Is there a possibility of someone being Rare Blood aside from Racchina?” Zyke asked.

     “Racchina is the only Rare Blood of Zoidion,” Aries assured. “It’s not her fault at all. It is of someone who left Zoidion and married a Rare Blood of this world.”

     Nang marinig iyon ni Zyke ay agad siyang napakuyom ng kamay. Even Racchina couldn’t believe what she’d heard from the Celestial. Of course, he’s a Celestial. Every Celestial knew everything their people had done.

     “Hayop ka!” Zyke had punched Hiro Mashinma on his face. Agad niya itong sinundan pa ng isa pang suntok bago niya ito kinuwelyuhan. “This is all your fault! You’ve just made a monster! Hindi ka na sana namin pinagkatiwalaan!” He was full of anger, for who wouldn’t? He’d almost kill Racchina for the thought that she might be the woman the prophecy was talking about. Muntik na niyang mapatay ang isa sa mga Zoidian Bearers ng dahil sa maling akala. “Racchina!” He summoned her to use her vines.

     Racchina, though teary eyed, used her vines to tie Hiro to his disadvantage. Nang masiguradong ‘di na ito makakawala ay binitiwan na ito ni Zyke.

     “Teka! Teka lang!” Ariesa cut in, then earnestly tried to untie him to no avail.

     “It’s been a long time . . . Rioh of Aries Region,” Aries gave him his expressionless face.

     Now, Rioh, commonly known as Hiro, had burst into tears. “I’m sorry, Celestial Aries.” He could not look straight. He was really ashamed. Napakalaking kasalanan ang nagawa niya. Kamatayan lamang ang dapat na parusa sa kaniya. At tatanggapin niya iyon kahit ngayon na.

     “I won’t kill you,” Aries replied to his plea to be killed.

     “Then I will kill him myself,” Zyke was determined. He was about to set fire when Racchina held his wrist. As he looked at her, he found sadness in her eyes. He wanted to punish him but as Racchina jerked her head sideward, he felt eased. His anger dilapidated. He removed her hand and then walked away before anything worse could happen.

     In less time, Racchina and Hiro were the only two left inside. Ariesa and Aries had walked away as well outside. She sighed. Looked at him. His head was still bowed down. For no reason, she’d feel empathy not with how he was tied with her vines but of the feeling he’d been feeling right now.

     “Kill me,” Hiro whispered. Right now, his tears were already gone. What’s left was his great shame.

     “Why did you left Zoidion?” she replied instead.

     It was a long silence before he managed to answer, “Because I felt like I do not belong there.” He was telling the truth. “I could not decipher how everyone was into divisions when we can live peacefully together—no regions, Signs . . . Just us. Everyone.”

     Racchina felt him. She could emphatize him more. A Zoidion with only one region or a Zoidion where a Sign had no power to divide people. “It’s a great idea. I hope for it as well.” It was a whisper but it was loud enough for him to hear.

     He dared to look at her already. He had seen her determined eyes. Magaan ang puso niya para sa bata. Kung nabubuhay lang sana ang una niyang anak maaaring kaedad ito ni Racchina.

     “Ang cute . . .”

     Racchina could hear Ariesa from the outside. Something must have happened. She nodded her head once to excuse herself from his presence. Agad siyang nagtungo sa labas at nakita si Ariesa na hinahabol ang hininga.

     “Hi, Racchina!” Peri and Reri greeted.

     “Gemini,” she whispered under her breath. Ariesa had successfully summoned them already. Now, Aries smiled at her. She guessed no one could exquisitely teach someone to open a gate other than a Celestial.

     “I think too much usage of energy will have us detected,” Hiro had hollered from inside. Racchina heard it as well as the others.

     “Force-close our gates, Ariesa,” Aries commanded.

     “Ayaw ko pang bumalik sa Celestial World!” Peri complained, now bursting to tears.

     “Tumigil ka nga riyan. Ang OA mo!” Reri retorted with her surprisingly young voice.

     “Forced-close . . . Gemini!” Ariesa had commanded.

     “Ayaw ko nga sabi!” Peri resisted, then pouted his lips.

     “I said, FORCED-CLOSE!” Ariesa’s expression were dark. Peri must have sensed the danger he would receive if he wouldn’t do what she said. That’s why, with his will, Gemini vanished into Ariesa’s nimbus.

     “Good job, Ariesa,” Aries complemented, then decided to close his gate as well.

     Napaluhod na lang sa pagod si Ariesa. She could feel a great energy being extinguished from her body. She’d never thought it could be like this. She’s sure summoning lots of Celestials at once would endanger her life.

     Now, Zyke came running. “He’s coming!” he meant Cetus.

* * *