}•35

◎⊙◎

Racchina, Zyke, and Hiro were amazed how Ariesa handled all the Celestials. Alam nila kung gaano na kahina ang katawan nito ngunit kinaya pa rin niyang i-summon ang lahat ng Celestials. But it wasn’t enough to beat Cetus. Now, she was already dead.

     “Ariesa!” Racchina ran forward towards Ariesa’s corpse. She hugged her and listened to the silence of Ariesa’s heart. She could feel its weight, as well as its cold skin. The Anointed had finally given up its breath, leaving them on their own.

     Racchina closed her eyes hard, let a tear drop silently from her eye. It had ended. Everything was already decided―they lost. Kung hindi kinaya ni Ariesa na talunin ang halimaw ay siguradong wala rin silang magagawa upang talunin ito. Siguro’y dapat na rin nilang tanggapin magiging kapalaran nila.

     She heard Zyke, and Hiro’s footsteps stopped from behind. Now, she could hear Hiro’s sobs.

     “This is my fault. This is all my fault!” Hiro cried, sobbing loudy. Of course it was all his fault. But he never meant it. Now, he thought he would have to pay his mistake. Wala siyang ibang maisip kundi ang labanan si Cetus mismo. Kaya nang makapagdesisyon na siya’y agad niyang ginamit ang kapangyarihan.

     Hiro ran forward. In a blink of an eye, magic circles appeared under his feet one at a time. These propelled him on top. When on Cetus’ level, he released a red magic circle with spikes, landed it on Cetus which was unattentive of Hiro’s presence. Hiro failed to gain its attention. Cetus was still throwing dark spheres, aimless.

     Hiro gritted his teeth. Then, released hundred of red magic circles with spikes. It quickly floated like blades towards Cetus, clashing its thick skin and sharp spikes. Now, Cetus recognized his foe, turned back to see Hiro Mashinma, prepared for another attack. Cetus grew a large dark sphere, landed it on Hiro. But Hiro had made a magic circle shield for himself. He tried to endure Cetus’ attack on his shield. The clashing of its power and his was too much for him to bear. Alam niyang kapag nagtagal siya’y maaari siyang matusta. Kaya agad siyang tumakas mula rito.

     He descended on the ground, not far from Racchina, and Zyke’s spot. Now, the explosion was done. Cetus’ eyes abruptly moved towards Hiro’s. And when its eyes surprisingly landed on the Zoidians’, his heart skipped a beat. It’s going to attack Racchina, and Zyke. And when Cetus grew a huge dark sphere, Hiro knew it’s going to aim his comrades.

     “Racchina, we have to move!” Zyke held her arm. Cetus attack was already on their way. At kapag hindi pa sila umalis at tumakas ay mamamatay sila.

     So, Racchina released Ariesa from her arms. She stood up. But it was too late to escape, the sphere was already meters away. To their surprise, they saw Hiro already in front, with a giant green magic circle as a shield. He looked back―offered Zyke a comforting nod, and a goodbye smile to Racchina―before the attack landed on the shield.

     The clashing of Hiro’s shield and Cetus’ attack created dark light. Hiro endured the pain, screaming till his last breath.

     “Hiro!” Racchina screamed. She knew he’d ended up being defeated.

     The dark light vanished. The sound of explosion disappeared. What left Racchina, and Zyke was Hiro’s ashes dramatically descending to the ground. He was dead. Already dead. He had given up his life for them.

     “Hiro . . .” All she could do was whisper his name, let her tears drop. She was feeling weak. Her knees were shaking. And before she could fall, Zyke caught her in his arms. It wasn’t in her plan to burry her head in his chest but she just did. All laws and thoughts aside. She was feeling down, that’s what mattered most than thinking about the distance she was with him. Masiyado siyang nasaktan sa nangyari. Hiro’s death was her limit. Hindi niya maikakailang malapit ang loob niya rito’t ang kamatayan nito’y hindi katanggap-tanggap.