}•29

◎⊙◎

The astronomical clock whined. Its sound echoed all throughout Holland. The shorter hand of the clock pointed on five. In every beat of the pendulum, Ariesa’s weary become stronger. Cetus’ statement was something to be mindful with. It connoted perille.

     “Ano’ng ibig mong sabihin?” She didn’t want to ask but dared.

     Cetus half-smiled. “With the help of the golden keys, I will travel back in time. In time where she didn’t met your greatgrandfather. I will get her. I will be her man.”

     Ariesa could not simply believe it. She had given him an idea, and she thought it was her fault.

     “I owe you an idea, Ariesa.” He laughed sophisticatedly. And then, wore a serious expression. “Now, give me the keys!” he bellowed, then fired an earthball. Fortunately, Ariesa was quick to dodge it. Agad siyang napasubsob sa kaliwa niya’t nagtamo ng galos sa kaliwang braso. Hindi pa man siya tuluyang nakakatayo’y pinatamaan na siya ng isa pang earthball.

     Ariesa was able to evade it, jumping on the other side, and then scraping her skin against the ground. She groaned. She was feeling pained. Ramdam niya ang hapdi ng mga sugat sa mga braso niya.

     Now, Cetus was determined, he could not wait for another minute. He wanted the keys as soon as possible. For that, he used his gravity manipulation power on Ariesa, pulling her on the ground.

     Ariesa groaned, tried to lift her body up to no avail. She was plunged hard on the ground, she could not move a hand. Now, her gaze landed on her companions. They were weak in the eyes of their opponents. In no time, they were defeated, lost their consciousness. Ariesa had no choice but to feel worried.

     Cetus dramatically walked towards her. Sagittarius, Aquarius, and Capricorn were on his sides already. When he was already in front, he stopped. “Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Scorpio . . .” he trailed off. “Who will you surrender first?” He smiled, seeing Ariesa’s determination to escape from his power only to fail. He stoop down, ready his hand to touch the mark he wanted to have first. “Leo?” And then, he ready his hand, extended it to touch the sign, but Ariesa had opened a gate.

     “Leo!” Ariesa hollered, then Leo came out from the red magic circle. As quick as lightning, Leo used his lightnings to strike his co-Celestials. As they vanished into thin air, he used his power again to strike at Cetus. Cetus was hit, at hindi iyon pinalampas ni Leo. Sinundan niya ito ng isang kidlat sa harapan nito. Cetus was threwn away. His power on Ariesa was nullified.

     “Ariesa . . .” Leo worried, then helped her stand.

     “Leo, it’s nice to see you again,” Cetus mumbled, already standing. His clothing had been torn and burnt. As he was finish wiping a drip of a blood at the edge of his lips, he extended his hand in front. In no time, dark particles gathered around his hand―it became a dark gate key of Pisces. Now, a dark magic circle appeared at its tip.

     Leo could sense another wave of a battle, so he stepped in front of Ariesa. But she could not let Leo fight alone. So, she stepped beside him, extended her right hand in front. Enormous golden particles spiraled from her arm and gathered into her hand. Three golden keys appeared in between the spaces of her fingers. In less time, three magic circles showed up as well.

     “Gates of the Golden Bull, Scorpion, and Giant Crab . . .” she breathed. “I open thee . . !”

* * *