-2- Start of something new (pt.2)

Your POV

Today, I was slicing tomatoes for the boys' food. I'm an assistant of Frypan, so yeah.

The other Gladers thought that I should take Frypan's place because I was good at cooking, but I couldn't just replace Frypan's place, he earned for it.

While I was slicing tomatoes, I was looking for Newt, and at the exact moment, he was there, looking at our direction, -- well, he's looking at Frypan -- I smiled.

"Hey Frypan! Come here" Newt shouted and Frypan went there, looking back at me with 'are you okay here?' face and I nodded, smiling.

They've been talking for a good 5 minutes, and they left. Since the two boys left, I cooked for the rest of the Gladers.

After lunch -- which the boys liked my cooking, by the way -- I was looking for Frypan since he was gonna miss his whole shift since he missed the other half.

*

It's been how many hours I've been looking for Frypan, and I just gave up. I can't believe Frypan missed half of his shift with no reason. Don't get me wrong, I love cooking, but the fact I'm handling everything behind the kitchen was tiring.

I searched for Teresa to have some girl talk with her since I haven't been talking to her for like a week.

I saw her and she was walking with Thomas, and she saw me, and I waved at her. She told Thomas something, and ran to me.

"Why did you leave him?" I asked, and she blushed.

"I need to talk to you about that" She said, biting her lip and I smirked as we were heading to the Homestead.

*

"No shucking way" I yelled, and she covered my mouth with both her hands making her giggle.

"You like Thomas? Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I asked, and she shrugged as I rolled my eyes at her.

"After all these years, you only tell me now" I said, dramatically placing my hand on my heart.

She giggled until she asked a question.

"Who do you like?" And I froze. I couldn't possibly tell her who I like.

"N-no one" I stuttered and she squinted her eyes at me.

"You're lying" She said.

"I'm n-not" I stuttered and rubbed the back of my neck. I can't lie now, she caught me red-handed.

"You better tell me who you like before I take you to the slicers and slice your vag-" She was interrupted by me completely yelling his name

"It's Newt!" I yelled, and I looked at her and her eyes widened with a suprised grin on her face.

"I knew it! I shucking knew it" She shouted, and I blushed.

*

After all the talk, we decided to take a walk together, until I spotted Thomas running after us.

I nudged teresa on the shoulder as I smirked, and she just scoffed and roll her eyes at me. I chuckled.

Thomas reached us, and the two of them were making eye contact like it was love at first sight.

"Hey Y/N. Uhm, I need to steal Teresa away from you for awhile. Do you mind?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Go, I'm gonna walk around the Glade for awhile." I said, and he smiled and mumbled a thanks.

Just as I was gonna leave them both, Thomas grabbed my wrist and I turned around to face them both, Thomas' arm snaked around Teresa's waist.

"Newt wants me to give you this" He said, and Teresa winked at me. They walk away, Thomas' arm still snaked around Teresa's waist.

I opened the note that Newt gave to me -- which made me blush --

Meet me at the Deadheads.

-Newt

I closed the letter and held it tight to my heart, as I went to the Deadheads.

*

I've been waiting for Newt for 2 hours. I stood up, huffing, going back to the Homestead until I hear Newt's voice.

"Uhh Y/N?" His voice so angelic.

I turned around and he was staring at me. Do I look bad?

I pushed that thought behind my brain, and just calmly breathe in and out.

"Hey Newt" I said, and he gulped.

Here we go, calm Y/N calm.

"I have something to tell you" He said, as he gestured me to sit down on the plaid blanket for a small picnic.

"Go on" I said, and he said the most sweetest thing that made me smile.

"Y/N, ever since you went up inside the Box, my world stopped. You were the most gorgeous girl I've ever seen. Your hair cascading past your shoulders, your beautiful eyes that twinkle like the stars, but mostly your smile, that smile that gives me a wave of reassurance, as if the world is gonna be okay again. I really like you Y/N" He said, as I smiled.

"Well, I am just waiting for you to pop the question" I said, teasing him a bit and he was confused

"It consists of 4 words" I said, teasing him more and he face palmed himself

"I'm sorry, I just ruined the moment. I feel so dumb, now you'll reject me for sure now, ugh I feel so stu-"

"You talk to much" I said, as I wrapped my arms around his neck making us closer and just like that.

We kissed.

That magical kiss I've been waiting for.

He kissed back, and I heard some whistles from the other Gladers, even Alby was in it. We pulled away, blushing like crazy.

"I think they deserve to be in the Slammers" He said, and I smirked.

"Shall we?" I asked, as I reached his hand out for him to hold.

"We shall, princess" He said, and held his hand, as we chased the other gladers around.

___________________________

a/n:

Yay! I updated again.

So this is just your pov and yeah. I hope you guys like this one. Please forgive me for the bad grammar, I'm a Filipino and I'm not really fluent with English. So yeah. Bye

-Danielle