-8- Maybe just maybe

" 'She's perfect' 'She's gorgeous' 'That body, damn' blah blah blah" I said, to no one in particular. Imitating the Gladers who were gawking over the new girl, Teresa.

"I wasn't treated like that when I came here" I huffed, clearly pissed. I would be pissed at the Creators for doing this. I'm so insecure, I hate myself.

I noticed that everyone was surrounding Teresa, while she was walking towards my direction.

She finally reached me, and I just glared at her while she wasn't looking.

"It's so hard having boys around, fawning over me." She said, wiping off sweat.

"Tell me about it." I huffed, and she looked at me and smiled.

"I'm Teresa, and you are?" She introduced, and took her hand out for me to shake and I slumped.

"Y/N" I shook her hand and smiled weakly at her.

"Nice meeting you. I'm gonna leave you now, I'll just go over to eat, bye" She waved and I waved weakly back at her.

She seems so nice, and sweet. Yet, my instincts were telling me she isn't good.

I went over to the kitchen to get some food, but I stopped infront of Newt and his group's table.

"Hey Y/N, come sit" Newt said, and I blushed.

Then Teresa came into view, sitting beside Newt. I frowned instantly.

"Uhh. No thanks, I'll pass" I said, walking away. I was starving, but this was a good thing. If I don't eat and probably exercise, I'll lose weight and I could be like Teresa, young and beautiful.

*

The next morning was a struggle. I didn't eat breakfast, and I didn't eat last night. It was too hard for me considering the fact that I love eating. But it's time to change.

I walked by the kitchen, and I smelled bacon, eggs and pancakes being cooked by Frypan and my stomach growled. No, you can do this.

"Hey Y/N, let's eat." Gally said this time, as he smiled.

"No thanks." I said, and I quickly walked away but someone grabbed my wrist.

Gally

"What's going on? Why aren't you eating?" Gally -- my bestfriend -- asked, and I sighed.

"Come with me, I'll tell you the story" I said, and he followed.

*

We were now by the homestead, I sat down, and Gally followed.

"So, what's going on?" He asked, and I sighed, again.

"Ever since Teresa came, you guys have been fawning over her. And it's making me really insecure because you guys never seem to notice me anymore. I don't want attention, no. I just want to be as pretty and gorgeous as Teresa. So that maybe, just maybe, Newt will look at me like he looks at Teresa." I said, groaning.

"Y/N, you shouldn't be insecure about this. And not eating, that's shucked. You could faint in one swift movement." He said, and he sighed.

"And, you're perfect just the way you are Y/N. Don't change who you are and what you are. Who cares if boys like Teresa? I'm sure that Newt will like you as much as you like him." He said, and smiled as if he was proud of what he just said 1 minute ago.

"Thanks Gally. You're the best" I chuckled and gave him a hug.

"Come. Let's get you something to eat" Gally said, and I smiled weakly.

*

I was now sat down on the table with Minho, Newt, Thomas, Teresa and Chuck. Gally had to build something he had to finish early.

I look down to my plate, full of hunger but I don't feel like eating anymore.

"Y/N? Why aren't you eating?" Thomas asked, and I shrugged.

"I'm not hungry" I said, and looked down to my plate.

"Oh please, you didn't eat last night and now at breakfast, you tell us you're not hungry" Thomas said, and I just got up and ran to the homestead.

I don't eat and he gives me a lecture. Typical Thomas.

I was about to go inside until someone grabbed my wrist.

Newt.

"What?" I said blankly, and he sighed.

"Thomas is right, and why aren't you eating?" He asked, and I gulped.

"I told you, I wasn't hungry" I said, and started to go inside my room, until I was grabbed by the wrist tighter. I was fuming by now.

"Tell me the truth" He said, and the tears were pouring down on my cheek.

"You wanna know why? I'm shucking insecure Newt. All the other Gladers, including you, kept looking at Teresa like you wanted to push her on a wall and make-out. I don't want to be pushed on a wall and make-out but the attention you guys are giving her, makes me feel that I'm not special anymore. Ever since I came up that Box, no one would even look at me, not even suprised I was the only girl, and now Teresa comes, and what happened? You guys love her. She even came up to me, to tell me that it was hard for her to keep up because of you guys loving her, and I wanted to feel that. I wasn't eating because, maybe, just maybe, I would become like her, like the other boys who wants to chase me, I want to be gorgeous and beautiful, thin with wide hips and big boobs. But no, I didn't become like that and you guys just ignored because I wasn't as beautiful and amazing like her. And if I didn't eat, maybe you would look at me the way you look at Teresa." I said, tears coming down my cheeks everytime I talk. I buried my hands on my face, because I was crying too much. I didn't hear anything from Newt, and I didn't too. I didn't want to know how he would react but obviously he doesn't like me back.

"Y/N, look at me" Newt said, and I refused.

"Please." He pleaded and I sniffed.

"You're right, maybe I like Teresa. But that wasn't the case, Y/N. I love you and not her. Yes, I admit that you aren't stick thin like her, but you're perfect just the way you are now. I love you, for being bloody you, and don't you ever change." He said, caressed my cheek, and leaned in. I leaned in as well and out lips touched, dancing in sync.

We pulled away, and he smiled.

"Come, let's get you something to eat." He said, and I chuckled.

I love him.

___________________________

a/n:

So I updated again. Yay! B

QOTD: Do you ship Will and Kaya?
AOTD: idk why but I do so much.

Please comment you answers and be active. I love you guys

-Danielle