-11- Flowers and kisses

requested by @coolh21

_________________________

*this takes place in the maze but Group B are here. Let's just imagine that*

I am now walking with my bestfriend, Newt, we were talking about flowers, weird but it was fun since I'm around him.

"I like roses" I said, and he chuckled.

"Of course you do, every girl seems to like it." He said, pointing out at Harriet, Teresa, and Sonya.

"It's beautiful, it's unique than the other flowers to be honest." I said, and he smiled at me.

I noticed that he was fidgeting with his fingers, and biting his bottom lip. He's nervous, like 'should I ask this girl out' nervous.

"What's wrong? You seem nervous?" I asked, and he sighed.

"I like this girl, and I don't know but should I ask her out?" He said, and my face dropped.

I knew it. He likes someone.

"Yeah, who is this special girl?" My voice cracked when I said 'special girl'.

I mean who wouldn't? I like him, he doesn't like me.

"S-sonya" He said, and my heart shattered into pieces, and whatever you do, you can't stick them back together.

"Well, you have to ask what s-she likes" I smiled weakly, and he was thinking.

"Well, she likes flower crowns. I heard from the other Gladers" He said, and I smiled.

"There you go, make a flower crown, she'll love them." I said, and his face lit up.

"I hope so. I really want to be with her." He said, and my heart broke into pieces, again, if that was possible.

"Well, goodluck Newt." I said, and he smiled.

"Thanks Hannah" He said, and hugged me. His warm skin making me feel goosebumps, my paleish skin turning into a peachy color because of his touch. As if he gives me color, as if I'm not dull anymore when he is around.

He pulled away from the hug, his height towering over me.

The tears fell from my eyes, and his brown eyes saddened.

"Hannah? Why are you crying?" He asked, and I chuckled lightly, ad I wiped my tears.

"I'm just happy for you because my Newtie cutie is growing up and chasing his girl" I said, and he laughed.

"Did you just call me Newtie cutie?" He laughed, and I smiled.

"I know you like it" I smirked, and he chuckled.

"I do. I actually love it when you call me Newtie cutie" He said, and I sighed.

"Well, I'll see you later, I have to see your flower crown so I would know if Sonya likes it." I said, and he nodded. And went off.

~2 hours later~

It's been 2 hours and I see Newt coming towards me with a flower crown.

"Hey Newtie cutie, let's see what you've got" I smiled, and he handed it to me.

My jaw dropped.

It was made out of roses, pink roses, and some of them had blue roses, and some had white and red. This was beautiful. And Sonya would love this, she would even look great wearing it.

"Newt, this is lovely. You have officially outdone yourself. Well done" I smiled weakly.

"I'm so happy you like it Hannah, now it's my time to impress Sonya with it" He said, and I smiled.

"Wait, you have to look presentable so that Sonya would say 'yes'" I said, and he laughed.

"Hannah, we all look like bloody crap. I don't think I have to impress her with my looks" He said, and I nodded.

"Just a few touches" I said, and he nodded.

I fixed up his shirt, and messed up with his hair a bit, and fixed it. While I was doing that, he was staring at me, I just didn't mind it. I fixed more of his shirt and his hair, and we were all done. Until he was staring at me again, this time, his eyes not leaving mine, as if it was love at first sight. I looked away, and he coughed.

"Okay Newtie cutie, we are done, go and get your girl" I said, and he sighed.

"Thanks Hannah, for everything" He said, and hugged me once more. He wrapped his arms around my neck, and my arms around his torso.

He walked to Sonya, me being a creep and a stalker, I watched every move, trying to read Newt's lips so that I could get the words that he is telling her but I'm not good at reading lips so no luck for me.

He stood there for about 5 minutes, infront of Sonya saying nothing, as if he was deep in thought.

Come on Newt, you can form the words. Just tell her. I thought.

He went back to me, and I was confused, I was a bit mad and I started ranting.

"What the hell happened there? Why didn't you confess your feelings to her? Why did you st-" I was cut off by warm lips on my lips.

This was the moment I was waiting for, the day that I kiss my bestfriend, who I love so much, Newt. My Newtie cutie kissing my lips, and not Sonya's.

We pulled away, and he smiled.

"I didn't tell her I love her because I love someone else" He said, and placed the flower crown on my head.

"Oh yeah, and who could that be?" I asked, teasing a bit even though I know the answer to that.

"You. My Hannah banana" He said, and I laughed.

"Did you just call me Hannah banana?" I asked, and he smiled.

"Yes I did" He said, and I kissed him again.

"I love it when you call me that" I said, kissing him again.

And just a simple flower crown, and a passionate kiss got me falling in love with my Newtie cutie.

__________________________

a/n:

Wasn't that cute omfg

Sorry I haven't been updating :((

I love you my darlings

-Danielle