-6- You're not her

*This will take place in the Scorch Trials and I'm revising some parts so please don't hate me for it*

Newt's POV

We just found out that we are just eleven. From 40-50 boys, just eleven survived.

We also found out that we are making a deal with a Crank, a shucking Crank, who is now talking to Thomas.

While waiting, Y/N is on my side and the eleven other Gladers. We saw that there are Cranks waiting for their leader. I spot a beautiful girl, and I turned to her and she smiled shyly and I smiled back. She's pretty, really pretty.

Thomas and Jorge came back and he introduced the girl, her name was Brenda. What a beautiful name.

We were all in a circle until we heard a crash. And the sound came nearer, so Brenda grabbed me by the collar and ran for our lives, leaving the other Gladers which made me worry. I've been handling the Glade for 3 years and I stayed loyal to the rules. I never want to leave these shanks even though they piss me off.

We made a stop and I was panting. Wincing every now and then because of my limp.

"Are you okay? You seem hurt" Brenda said next to me, and I nodded, but I just realized that it was pitch black.

"Yes, I'm okay. I just have a limp and it hurts when I run" I said, and she quickly wrapped her arms around me.

"I'm here. I'll protect you until we make it to the safe haven." She said, suprised she hugged me all of a sudden but I hugged her back, loving her comfort.

I pulled away and noticed that we needed to get back to the other Gladers.

"We need to go to the Gladers, I can't leave them" I said, and thought of Y/N. Her face probably full of worry.

"We can make it back at the end of the city with just the both of us" She said, and I shook my head.

"I can't. Y/N is probably worried and the other Gladers" I said, and she looked down and whispered

"You have something going with Y/N?" She asked, and I began to question myself as well. Were me and Y/N a thing? I really like her but she never seems to notice.

I was about to answer until I heard a weird sound coming near us. It was pitch black and couldn't see anything.

"What the shuck was that?" I asked, and turned around.

"A Crank" She said. She grabbed my arm and yanked me to run about a couple more until we lost them.

A couple more minutes, we were sitting down in complete silence.

"I like you Newt. I really like you" Brenda said, and I smiled but soon faded as I remembered me and Y/N's memories together ever since she came up the Box.

"I like you too Brenda. But you're not her. You could never be her. I'm sorry" I said.

"Oh. I get it. Well, this is awkward." She said, and I sighed.

"You'll find that special someone, but it's not me" I said, and walked to find another building.

* * *

Your POV

I heard the crash coming near, and I was looking for Newt until I saw him being yanked by what's her name? Brenda? Yeah, that one.

I suddenly got worried and jealousy hit me like pow.

"Where's Newt?" Minho asked, and tears were welling up my eyes. I quickly wiped them.

"I don't know" I said, with no emotion and I motioned him to just ignore it and just walk until we made it to the end of the city with or without them.

We made it to a building with food and stuff. I expected Newt and Brenda to be there, but no luck.

"You really like him, don't you?" Frypan said next to me.

"Him? I don't like anyone." I said, Newt in my mind. Of course I like him.

"Yes you do, you just said it" He said. Shit, I said that out loud.

"Okay. I do, ever since I went up that box, but he never seems to notice it. He obviously is blind for love" I sighed and cried to his chest and he sighed, comforting me as well.

"Look, all I know is that you need to cheer up. He is here anyways, by your side" He said, and I groaned.

"He is not here. He is with Brenda. The girl he always wanted, he always dreamt of having in his arms" I said and pulled away from his chest and wiped my tears away.

"I'm here love. I always was" I heard that British accent that I've loved ever since and I still do.

"Newt" I whispered, and he hugged me. Suprised, I hugged back.

"I missed you" He said, and I smiled.

"I missed you too bud" I said, pulling away to look into his eyes.

"So, did you hear that?" I asked, and he smirked.

"Every single word" He said, and I blushed looking down.

"Look, I know you don't like me too but I really like you, shuck I love you. You make me feel safe ever since I came up the Box. You were there when I needed someone. And I just, I know you don't like me too but I just want to express my feelings to you" I said, looking down.

He lifted my face with his finger underneath my chin.

"I really really like you too" He said, and he leaned in, and this was one of my problems.

I didn't know how to kiss. Never had one too. Forgot how too.

Shucking Creators did this.

"Wait. I don't know how to kiss" I look down again, in shame.

"Then I'll teach you" He smirked and grabbed my face and kissed me right there on my lips with his perfect soft ones.

We kissed like we were in a dream. A beautiful dream. Our lips dancing in sync, mending perfectly together.

"I love you" He said, and I blushed.

"I love you too" I said.

And nothing will ruin our beautiful moment.

__________________________

a/n:

I'm so sorry I haven't updated. I've been so busy lately. I'm so sorry

I'll try everything to update weekly.

Bye guys

-Danielle