~Eighteen~

Dedicated to _plehthora love you loads ❤️

                               ~Jade~

Exams are coming, Exams are coming, exams are coming, prepare well for your exams, read well for your exams, stop frolicking around, this is your last school exam before your mock exams, stop chasing boys around!!!

Well, we were done with the exams and we did not die. Two weeks after Hana told me about her escapedee with Daniel, two weeks after Michelle's outburst at the cafeteria, two uneventful weeks, well, if I should count Hana and Dan's palava as eventful. I don't even understand the duo anymore. They kept circling around. Dan had called it off with Fola and Hana was yet to date him. Yet to date him because she obviously would do that soon. If not, why on earth will she allow him to kiss her on two different occasions?

Now, we were in our class, some were playing ludo, some whot, some scrabble, some monopoly and all sorts of games. My bestie was painting her nails again and I was reading a book Zee sent to me from her school, The Sun is also a star. I was so engrossed in the novel that I did not when someone snatched it awy from me. I looked up to see Hana glaring down at me.

"Do you realize this after exams period? We're meant to chill and not bury our head in books again."

I groaned.

"That's not a book, it's a novel, a very interesting novel. Now give me my novel before I change it for you."

"Now give me my novel before I change it for you."

She mimicked me and I laughed, clutching my chest.

"Do you have a clothe in mind to wear for our cultural day?" She asked as she flipped her chair closer, she sat, so we could sit facing each other.

"Yes, there's this Ankara Mom bought for me, it's very fine. I think that's what I'm going wear."

"That's good. Well, I'm going to wear hanbok." she said, flipping her hair and winking.

"Hmmm? Hanbok? As in that huge traditional wear of Koreans?"

"Hmm hmmm."

I burst into laughter

"I can't wait to see you in that huge thing. It's going to be epic."

"It's going to be spectacular."

We both laughed and I attempted to take my novel from her, she put it out of my reach and glared at me.

"Jade na, let's do something fun."

"Like?'

"Play a game, ludo, scrabble, monopoly, whot. Anytime but you reading a novel. What do you want me to do if you're reading a novel?"

'Read a novel too or better still, go and hang out with the love of your life.'

She smiled

'so, you just agreed that he is the love of your life.'

'Partially.'

I laughed.

'You're an hormonal teenager indeed'

She laughed again.

'Okay, let's play a game. Ludo maybe or jackpot.'

'We are not enough to play jackpot, let's just go with Ludo.'

'or better still, ask our classmates to join us in playing ludo.' I added

Minutes lather, four other students joined us, Akin, Bunmi, Paul and Paulina.