chapter eight

"What the hell?" You said as you stood up from the rubble. You all fell for a bit, got your barings, but then fell down again to where you were now. "Is anybody hurt?"

"...you're an alchemist? " Trevor groaned as he slid off the rubble. Sypha hummed in agreement as she came walking towards you.

"Oh yeah, I showed you guys that," You said nervously as you ran your fingers down your arm.

"So that is a transmutation symbol on your hand, right? I saw it when we first met," Sypha said grabbing your hand and examining it. You just stayed quiet as she looked at you in awe.

"What exactly is an alchemist?" Trevor said while looking at you confused. Before you could even say anything, Sypha started to explain.

"Alchemist are rare types of magicians  that can basically make anything they want out of something completely different. The famous example being from a piece of lead to gold, they can do it as long as something equal is given in exchange," Sypha said while looking at Trevor.

"Guys, I can tell you about meself later. For right now, let's try to get out," You said while looking around and walking forward. They just shrugged and followed you deeper into the catacombs.

Eventually you came upon a clearing that seem to have a coffin in the middle of it. Suddenly you heard a click, and both you and Sypha looked at Trevor.

"I didn't do that," Trevor said while look at his foot on the pressure plate. You sighed and looked around to see any changes. The coffin started to slide open and a man with long blonde hair started floating in the air. You gasped from surprise, how the hell was he up in the air?

"Why are you here?" The man asked, his golden eyes seemed to pierce into your being. You had this odd feeling, like he was familiar, but you were pretty sure you never met this man in your whole life.

"The story the Messiah sleeps under Gresit! The man who will save us from Dracula" Sypha exclaimed with excitement. You just looked at her confused and held your hands up.

"Are you sure that's our messiah? I don't know what's going on but something seems off," You said as you put your hands on your hips.

"And you? Are you in search of a mythical savior?" The man said towards Trevor.

"I fell down a hole," Trevor said and that caused you the chuckle.

"You're so blunt, Trevor," You said while covering your mouth to hide your smile. Trevor just smirked at you.

"It's the truth though,"

"Dracula is abroad in the land. He has an army of monsters. He's determined to wipe out all human life wherever he finds it." Sypha said ignoring you and Trevor's chatter.

"Is that what you believe?" The man replied.

"Dracula has definitely taken over Wallachia, that's no belief," You said in response to the man.

"But that's not what he asked, Y/n. You're asking us if we believe you're some sleeping messiah who'll save us, and no, I don't." Trevor said while shrugging

"Belmont!" Sypha said.

"Frankly, I don't believe either. Weren't you supposed to wake up on your own or something? I don't know, I'm not one for stories," You said in a indifferent tone.

"Y/n! You guys are unbelievable!" Sypha shouted, her face turning red.

"You're a vampire." Belmont said.

"Really?" You said in surprise. Sypha came to your side and shushed you.

"So, I have to ask myself, have we come down here to wake up the man who'll kill Dracula, or did we come here to wake Dracula?"

"You call me Dracula...."

"I'll call you anything you like if you're gonna show me your teeth,"

"They called you Belmont. House of Belmont?"

"Trevor Belmont. Last son of the house of Belmont."

"The Belmonts fought creatures of the night, did they not? For generations."

"Say what you mean,"

"The Belmonts killed vampires"

"Until the good people decided they didn't want us around,"

"Sypha, this is so fucking boring," You whispered into her ear. She giggled.

"Y/n, just shut up and listen." Sypha said as she focused her attention back onto Trevor and the mysterious man, "Belmont, you can't do this!"

"Tell that to your vampire floating Jesus here," Trevor said before he began to fight.

"Where does he come up with these insults?" You said while laughing. You pulled out your dagger and starting playing with it. "Do you think he needs help?"

"Y/n, you're definitely not joining this fight. It's bad enough Belmont is fighting him,"

"Yeah, but like this dude is a vampire, and Belmont is.... Belmont. He's already helped me and you numerous times already," You said. Sypha ignored you and grabbed your hand, leading you to where Trevor was pinned to the ground.

"We'll kill you before your fangs ever touch that man's throat," Sypha said menacingly. Her hands held little flames and you lifted up your daggers to back her claim up.

"I thought I was your legendary savior," The man said.

"So did I. But he saved my life."

"You're a Speaker-Magician."

"Yes, and his goal is ours to stand up for the people."

"Good. Very good. A vampire hunter, a magician, and what I can only assume a healer....You'll do," The man said while looking at you.

"How did you know?" You said confused.

"Don't be fooled, she's the most vicious and weirdest doctor I've ever met in my life," Trevor said while getting up.

"Hey!" You responded.

"Guys, shut up," Syph demanded. The mysterious man sighed and continued on with his story.