chapter nine

In appreciation for the 3rd season coming out, I wanted to post today. Also a little note, Hellfire will not include the 3rd season. There will be another book for that!

"I am Adrian Tepes. Known to the Wallachians as Alucard son of Vlad Dracula Tepes. I've been asleep here in my private keep under Gresit for a year, to heal the wounds dealt by my father when I attempted to stop him unleashing his demon armies," Alucard said.

"So you are the sleeping solider Sypha has been talking about," you said with your arms outstretched.

"I'm aware of the stories," Alucard responded to you. Then he looked at Sypha, "I'm also aware that the Speakers consider the story to be information from the future. Do you know the whole story?"

Sypha's whole face went red, "Yes."

"The sleeping soldier will be met by a hunter, a scholar, and healer."

"No one told me that," Trevor chipped in.

"Me neither. Sypha why didn't you tell me?" You asked her.

"You're one to talk about secrets. Remember?" She said jokingly towards you. She looked at Trevor "And why do you think my grandfather tried everything to make you stay?"

"I hate Speakers." Trevor muttered.

While Alucard went to go get his jacket, Sypha asked about what to do next. "I need a hunter, healer, and a scholar. I need help to save Wallachia perhaps the world and defeat my father,"

"Why?"

"Because it is what my mother would have wanted. And we are all, in the end slaves to our families' wishes," Alucard responded in a low tone.

"You'll help us kill Dracula and save and save Wallachia?" Belmont asked.

"My father has to die. We four we can destroy him," Alucard said as he followed you out of the catacombs.
--------‐-------------------------------------------------------

"I knew her..." You said out loud to Alucard. The four of you made it out of the catacombs and were getting ready to leave. Sypha and Trevor heeded off to wish her family good travels. You stayed behind to finish some errands before you left and to stay with Alucard. You just made it back to the old lodging from your errands, only to see Alucard drawing in the sand. "Your mother, Lisa Tepes, right?"

Alucard looked at you, "Yes, how did you know her?"

You got up from your leaning position against the wall, walked over to him, and took a seat beside him. "She was my mentor,"

Alucard hummed in agreement and looked up. It was like he radiated sadness an overwhelming wave of it. "She did mention something of the like,"

"When I saw you in the catacombs, I couldn't help but think you looked familiar. You have her hair, her face, and frankly you just look like her," You said while picking up the stick that he dropped. You started to make scribbles in the sand, "Lisa taught me almost everything I know. She mentioned her family a lot when I was with her, especially you. She said you were quite the looker, I have to agree,"

Alucard chuckled and looked at you with a sly smile, "Really now?"

"Indeed," You suddenly stopped scribbling in the sand, Alucard noticed.  "I'm sorry I couldn't save her. I could've saved you and so many other so much pain, but I didn't know..."

Alucard's gaze softened as he realized that you wanted to apologize, for everything. You thought that if only if you took notice, this whole situation wouldn't have happened, and Alucard wouldn't be forced to lose both of his parents.

"You blame yourself for everything yet you actually caused nothing. You are not to blame,"

"If only I could believe that, Alucard," You saw Sypha and Trevor approaching out of the corner of your eye so you ended the conversation there.

"So how do we proceed?" Sypha says as she walks behind Alucard.

"Have the speakers left?" He questions. Trevor says a little 'yea' to answers his question.

"I'm sorry. In success, you will see them again soon, in far happier circumstances," Alucard said to ease the sadness he knew Sypha felt.

"See? He knows how to be nice," Sypha said, directing her comment to Trevor. You laughed, the tears from you eyes disappearing. Alucard looked over to you and let out a little smile, happy that you seemed to be cheered up.

"I guess Trevor isn't really the comforting type," You said then sniffed. Trevor seemed to notice but choose to disregard.

"Is it true, then? The castle can travel somehow? We know the stories, but sometimes it's hard to separate myth from truth," Sypha says while raising her hand.

"Tell her about Dracula's castle, Alucard. Her day can't get any more ruined," Trevor says while going to look for ale. While rummaging through the box, you saw a cut on his arm that could use some attention.

"Trevor, why didn't you tell me about you're cut? Stop trying to drink and come here," You said while getting up and getting supplies out your bag. "Is that from the monsters or Alucard?"

Trevor just grunted in response while glaring at Alucard. Alucard just remained silently and turned his focus to Sypha.

While they were talking, you started to clean and bandage Trevor's arm. What was the next move?