chapter thirteen

"I do not see how securing Braila over Arges gives us power. Arges is an old, respected town," Issac says to the war counsel while looking at Dracula.

"I must respectfully disagree with my fellow forgemaster. Taking Arges brings only terror, and will scatter the human populace. Taking Braila seals off one side of Wallachia," Hector replied looking at his fellow forgemaster. Issac refused to look at him, only keeping his focus on the throne in front of him

"Interesting, Hector," Dracula replied while thinking of the possibilites.

"I must disclose that I revived the creature that returned from Arges. The party was attacked on the road. Their assailants are unknown. But Arges is close to Gresit. We are quite certain that Alucard sleeps at Gresit. And that there was recently a Belmont there and what seems to be and alchemist there," Issac added. All the more reason to take and destroy Arges.

"A Belmont? An Alchemist? I thought both were extinct and old news," Camila said with surprise. This was troubling, especially to her.

"No. We believe they may have bern working together to repel our forces at Gresit."

" If there is a Belmont left alive, then should we not observe the ancestral Belmont home? An if an Alchemist is still here then surely they must be taken out," Camila tried to reason.

"Why?" Godbrand spoke up.

"Perhaps on the general notion that both hunted the likes of us for fucking centuries. If a Belmont is alive, they may have access to the trove of weapons and magical materials talked of across generations but never found, which they used to hunt us through fucking centuries. That along with and alchemist could destroy us at our very core. Am I making myself clear now? This is your war council, my lord?" Camila said with anger.

"I'll deal with the Alchemist," A voice spoke up. A man in a cloak walked from behind Dracula's throne.

"And who may you be?" Camila said with her hand on her hip.

"Someone more competent the rest of your council. I wanted to join your cause and I talked to our lord earlier but stopped because of your 'meeting'. I couldn't help but overhear, I can deal with your Alchemist problem,"

"Do you even have the skills required for that?" Issac questioned while looking at him. The man ignored him and looked directly at Dracula.

"Allow me to prove myself and bring the head of the alchemist for you, my lord,"
---------------------------------------------------------

"Ah finally!" Sypha said as she saw the town through the trees. You had been traveling for awhile and had final come upon Arges.

"Are we going to stay here for a bit? I feel like I might die if I don't take a break from traveling," You said while lying in the back if the caravan.

"I could use a good ale," Trevor spoke while spotting a bar in the town.

"Going to drink yourself to death, Belmont? " Alucard quipped, trying to start a fight once again.

"Going to fight again like childern, Alucard?" You retorted before Trevor said a word. He hummed in agreement, using you as a defense against Alucard.

He smirked and crossed his arms, "Touche" he responded. You looked away and went back to your thoughts. You felt uneasy; the feeling of eminent danger.

Sypha stopped the carvan and looked back at you and Alucard. "We'll stop here and just rest and regroup. Y/n you said you needed supplies, yes?"

"Why can't you just make it, with your witchy alchemy?" Trevor said while peering back at you.

"There is nothing equivalent to the supplies' value, is it not?" Alucard questioned while looking at you. You nodded and went to put your things together. "I thought we taught you this already, Belmont,"

"I don't remember asking you-"

"Not now, boys" Sypha said and raised her hands.

You sat up and put back on your cloak, "I'll be back," You said as you jumped out the back of the caravan and started walking towards town. Alucard jumped out the back as well and started to follow you, "What are you doing?"

"Coming with you,"

"Why?"

"Because I want too," He replied with smirk as he caught up to you and walked by your side. You just sighed and accepted it, allowing him to come with you. You took out a list from your side and gave it to him.

"At least by useful. Get as many items as you can,"

"It would be my pleasure," Alucard said before he set off. You just sighed and went down to the market, valuling your alone time since it seems like you won't have any in the near future.
---------------------------------------------------------

"Stop, Trevor! You actually can't drink yourself to death, we still need you!" Sypha said while grabbing his ale. He tilted his head and looked at her with a glare.

"What does it matter? We're resting here for the night, there's no need to not indulge," He said while snatching it away from her, "So you want some?"

Sypha sighed, "No, why are you acting this way?"

"Acting what way? I think I'm acting fine-" Trevor said while turning around.

"So harsh. You started acting harsh after Alucard and Y/n- oh- I get it now,"

Trevor looked back to Sypha confused, "You get what?"

"You're jealous aren't you?" Sypha teased while finally taking a seat beside him in the bar.

"Jealous? Why the hell would I- Trevor fucking Belmont- be jealous?" He said with a smirk. Sypha rolled her eyes.

"Don't pretend, I see the way you look at her. Call her feisty and stare at her ass when she's not looking," Sypha said, which immediately made Trevor blush. Maybe he did like her, he thought about her a lot. Her independence, her laugh, her sarcasm and jokes...he didn't know. "You know, it's not bad to admit that your fascinated by someone."

"This is not a time for meaningless crushes, Sypha. The whole world is at stake, and rest on our shoulders. There's no time to 'fascinate' about anyone," Trevor said while chugging his ale and then getting up.

"To even think I could have one beer alone..." He muttered as he walked out the bar rubbing his rosy cheeks.

"So prideful...what about after?" Sypha mumbled as she paid for Trevor's and then walked out after him.