chapter twenty six

"Alucard, are you ready for this?" Trevor asked. It snapped you out of your thoughts from beforehand and you looked at the group in front of you. All of you were about to enter Dracula's castle, it was basically the moment of truth. Would you all be able to save Wallachia?

"No" Alucard said. You walked past Sypha and Trevor and put his hand on his back for reassurment as well as nodded your head. "But let's put an end to this anyway"

The four of you started to head to the entrance of the castle. You were all so slient you could all hear the fighting on the inside of the castle, 'are they fighting? But why?' You thought to yourself but quickly dismissed it because of Sypha opening the door.

Your question was quick answered when you walked through the entrance. The vampires did appear to be fighting but they immediately stopped once they sensed your guy's presence. You immediately rolled up your sleeves and pulled out your daggers while Trevor started giving orders. "I terrify them. Sypha disorients them. Alucard goes over the top with Y/n and we support them."

"Yes," You and Sypha said in unison. You glanced over to the side to see Alucard unsheath his sword.

"You take the lead vamp boy. I'm right behind you," You said. Alucard looked at you and nodded, then looked straight ahead to his enemies.

"Begin," He said and started to run. You followed right after him, switching your grips on your daggers to an underhanded one. Sypha created a circle of fire, just like the one in Gresit, You and Alucard proceeded to jump through the flames to land on the other side. While you landed as a human and started attacking as normal, Alucard landed looking a little different.

"A wolf? That's new," You said while dodging. You slashed the vanpire in front of you then you grabbed the vampire behind and used your forearm array to make them implode.

Alucard had moved to the front while you were attacking from the back. When he got to the middle, Alucard had changed back to a human and was using his sword. You threw your daggers at two other vampires and proceeded to snap your fingers to set a few on fire. Out the corner of your eye, you could see Sypha and Trevor doing fine. Sypha had just cut a vampire and half while Trevor made one explode with his Morningstar.

You clapped your hands and touched the floor, creating a plethora of spikes that impaled the vampires running towards you. "Y/n," You heard Alucard call out. You looked over to see Alucard surrounded by smoke. It was definitely the power of a vampire.

"I'll cover your back while you cover mine. That way they can't sneak up on us," You said while running to Alucard and putting your back against his. He hummed as a response and the two of you started to look around waiting for the vampire to re-emerge. "There! From the side!"

You dodged the smoke attack coming your way while Alucard attacked the vanpire, only for it to turn back into smoke. While Alucard was busy, another vampire tried to attack him from behind. With the philosopher stone, you created a pillar to use as a jumping point. You leaped from the pillar and while in the air, you kicked the vampire coming behind Alucard and knocked it off course. You landed on the ground and proceeded to make ice spikes to throw at the vampire. The vampires dodged and swiped at you, but you easily blocked it and used your forearm array to blow of it's arm. While stumbling back, Alucard snuck up behind it and sliced it's head off.

"Well, that was a lot," You said while wiping the dirt off your hands.

"Indeed, and we're not even close to done," Alucard said while walking towards you.

"Are you hurt?"

"No,"

"Well come here anyway," You said while gripping the philosopher stone. You grabbed Alucard's shoulder and use the philosopher stone to repair  injuries and strengthen his muscles to reduce fatigue. "All done,"

"What did you do?" Alucard asked while looking at his arms in amazement.

"I healed you, you know, my whole point for being here," You chuckled, "Trevor, you're next"

"Is this going to feel weird?" Trevor asked.

"Does it even matter? Come here its good for you,"

"Fine" Trevor relented as you put your hand on his shoulder. "Wait, woah, I do feel better,"

"Ooooo me next!" Sypha said with excitement and stars sparkling in her eyes.

"Maybe after, look," You said while putting down the stairs. A whole group of night creatures was advancing towards everyone.

"Let's go," Trevor said. You all proceeded to run at them and attack them with all your might.

While killing one, you saw Alucard launch his sword up to the ceiling. You followed it with your eyes and saw a human block the sword with a near dead vampire. "Alucard, you go ahead and catch up with that human and Dracula, we'll be right behind you!" You said while touching the ground and creating more spikes.

Alucard nodded as a response and proceeded to dash up the stairs. "Sypha! Trevor! You go too! I can finish this easily but I don't want you guys to get caught up by my fire!"

"Fine, be careful!" Sypha called out and ran after Alucard.

"Don't go and get yourself hurt, it would be troublesome for me," Trevor said with a smirk and ran after Sypha. You chuckled since he used your joke against you.

"Let's see how you monsters can handle my flames," You said before clapping your hands and touching the ground. With your alchemy, you created a fire circle in which the night creatures were stuck in. You proceeded to snap your fingers, setting a bunch of them on fire. "Thank god it wasn't wet in here" You sighed before running up the stairs to catch up with Sypha, Trevor, and Alucard.