chapter twenty one

"My father and brother are completely humans," You said outloud so everyone could hear. You were all on your way to the Belmont Hold, and while trave there, you promised to tell everyone everything about you. It was only fair. "My brother had a different mother, that was also human and left him so that explains that,"

"Any other murderous siblings we need to look out for?" Trevor said while looking back at you. You stayed quiet and just shook your head.

"My mother and I were completely different, for a multitude of reasons but the main one being was that my mother was a homunculus. Therefore making me half homunculus-"

"Homunculus?" Sypha questioned while looking at you with excitement. While this was normal for you, this was a new well of information for her.

"A homunculus is a humanoid type creature that's whole basis of their life and power is Alchemy and the philosopher stone. They look like humans, but don't have the same functions," Alucard said while looking at Sypha. He turned towards you with and intrigued look, "So that part of the philosopher stone-"

"I got it when my mom died. I was alone without my parents and people were chasing me for a power I didn't even want anymore. So I kept one half and got rid of the other by giving it to Lisa so it was ineffective. I see she kept her promise of not telling people where she got it from," You said. You felt like you wanted to cry; you haven't talked about your mother in years.

"Wait a second? Not that it's really a problem since Alucard knew, but you knew where the other half was this whole time?" Trevor questioned.

"No, after Lisa took it, I never knew what happened,"

"Wait, the philosopher stone was your mother's heart right? Do you have a heart? And since the stone made your mother powerful, who managed to killed her and your family?" Sypha asked with a frown on her face.

"I have a heart, but it doesn't really beat I don't think. I don't know how it works, but I do know that chips and pieces of the philosopher stone run through my veins, and that's why I could break and put back together the stone," You said while gently putting your hand over your supposed heart. You've never met anyone like you and you definitely weren't cutting yourself open so all of your internal organs will have to remain a mystery for now.

"As for who got my family, it was supposedly humans but I never knew how. I was young as well as stupid and on the same day I got in the fight with my family. I decided I was going to run away from home," You said with a sad chuckle. "I didn't even pack anything, I just left. But when I realized that I could literally die on my own, I went back home only to see humans raiding my house and killing my family. I hid and after all of that I found the stone and just ran. Now I was really on my own"

"I'm sorry, Y/n. I wouldn't have pushed you if I knew..." Sypha said with sympathy on her face. You just smiled, shook your head and slapped your cheeks a bit.

"It's fine. You guys needed to know, it was only fair. Now we can completely trust eachother and beat Dracula," You said with determination. "How far away are we from the hold?"

"We're here," Trevor said while looking back at you.

"It's time to figure out how to save Wallachia,"
---------------------------------------------------------

"Where is the alchemist you promised?"

B/n looked up as he entered Dracula's castle once again, only to see Camila as she leaned on the railing. B/n stumbled in holding his side to contain his injury.

"It was harder than expected; I underestimated her," He sneered at Camila. He wasn't in the mood to play her games.

"After the meeting, when I agreed and officially told you I wanted the alchemist dead, I expected you to deliver. When I sought you out, you told me that no matter what I asked of you, you could surely get the job done," Camila said as she walked down the staircase to approach B/n. "And in return I brought you to Dracula's castle. I upheld my side of the deal."

"You make it seem as if I work for you. This is a partnership where we both get what we want: Enslaved humans and Dracula gone,"

"Dramatic as always,"

"Not as dramatic as you when I first disrupted the war council meeting. I must say though, you are a good actress, you fake bitch," B/n said with disgust. Camila peered her eyes at him.

"Watch your tone before I kill you where you stand" She responded. B/n laughed.

"I'm too valuable to you. And we both know, if you tried, I would tear you to shreds. Even with this godforsaken injury," B/n said as he went to the staircase and sat upon them. Camila turned around to meet his eyes once again.

"How long will you be willing to play this game? I am not as gullible as Dracula or the childish foregmaster-" B/n started.

"Hector? I do agree he is childish, but he is a great puppet, didn't you see at the council? Him arguing for me? And didn't you appreciate the night creatures he sent with you?" Camila joked while putting her hand under her chin.

"They were useless," B/n said while waving his hand. Camila sighed then closed her eyes.

"Anyway, we do need a new plan since you failed."

"Not really, you want Dracula dead and my dear sister is on her way to kill him as we speak. She has a decent chance now that she has the philosopher stone. Why don't we let her and her group kill the old man for us? Then once it is done, we take them and the land,"

"If she fails-"

"We go with our original plan. If that happens, Dracula would surely be weak and it would be the perfect time to strike,"

"Not a bad idea, but I still want to play in this game," Camila said.

"How so?"

"We will still attack at Bralia. It will shake the council so much that when the alchemist does come, their plans will surely succeed. After, we kill them and have the land to ourselves to conquer," Camila said. "When the attack happens, I want you to stay at the castle to assure of that old man's death. Try not to stir things up with your sister,"

"Understood"

Hey guys, I'm back. We're coming towards the end of the book, only like 4 chapters left I think