pt. 18

endless days of kyungsoo were what baekhyun was so desperately needing in his life and it was exactly what he was getting.

he hated to say it but jongdae really had been a blessing from above since he starting working in the bookstore; because when kyungsoo was off work it was the happiest days of baekhyun's life.

it was currently one of those days.

kyungsoo was cuddled up beside baekhyun on the sofa in his apartment, the two exchanging their warmth in close embraces; even though baekhyun's heater was fixed there was something much warmer about this. it felt as if he didn't need it repaired in the first place.

something was playing on baekhyun's cheap television, yet he wasn't focused on that, he was just too caught up in the fact that kyungsoo was here.

his slender fingers constantly running gently through kyungsoo's thick hair, he thought it was soothing for the small male but a heavy sigh always seemed to leave the male's plump lips.

this was his fifth one now.

something seemed off, something was wrong. yet baekhyun couldn't understand what is was exactly. he'd been good, he'd been more than good to kyungsoo and why wasn't he being rewarded the way he was supposed to?

his eyebrows knitted.

no. don't get angry.

baekhyun took a calming, deep breath, "what's wrong, kyungsoo?"

"hmm?" kyungsoo hummed, "nothing's wrong." he gently shook his head as he pulled himself off baekhyun's shoulder.

"you can talk to me," baekhyun frowned, could kyungsoo not trust him? maybe the whole laptop situation hadn't been resolved, maybe kyungsoo was still cautious of him—

"i've just been thinking," kyungsoo sighed as he leaned himself on the couch rather than baekhyun, "that's all."

"what about?" baekhyun questioned, was it about him? had he done something wrong again? the thoughts were running rapid in his mind. he had to know, he had to know how to make things better.

"it's stupid," kyungsoo shook his head, "just forget it."

"it can't be if you're thinking about it so much." baekhyun reassured, his hand reaching out to the small male's shoulder, his finger gently finding it's way to kyungsoo's bare skin below his shirt. it had become a habit now; constantly touching kyungsoo.

baekhyun noticed the small smile it caused on the male's lips, what he began to notice was that kyungsoo liked small acts of affection.

"okay," kyungsoo reluctantly nodded, "i've just been thinking about jongin."

baekhyun's jaw clenched at that, he tried to not let the sudden drop in his mood show but why the hell would kyungsoo be thinking about him?

baekhyun was fighting every urge to lash out at that exact moment, why? why would kyungsoo bring this up now? when things were so perfect, when things were finally back to normal.

"what about him?" baekhyun asked, trying to make his voice sound as normal as possible. he then gulped, what if somehow, something about jongin was found. what if he messed up. what if there was news about jongin.

shit.

"just, it's strange." kyungsoo sighed, looking away from baekhyun as he swirled his thumbs.

"what is?" baekhyun's voice was hushed, he could feel the bead of sweat forming on his temple.

"him leaving, it was so sudden," kyungsoo mumbled, "i know i shouldn't be thinking about him, i'm just worried, what if something happened?"

"i doubt it." baekhyun shook his head as he tried to reassure kyungsoo.

"he wouldn't leave his dancing so quickly, he seemed happy with his job, he seemed happy with me."

baekhyun gritted his teeth, what the fuck was he supposed to say to that? this was making his stomach churn with panic but also jealousy. why would kyungsoo be thinking about jongin so much when he had him.

he was being unfaithful.

baekhyun had to steer the topic away somehow, he had to keep up the image that jongin was bad. that jongin was the boyfriend that walked out. that jongin wasn't as good enough as baekhyun was.

"people are spontaneous," baekhyun began, "you never know what they'll actually do, no one does."

"jongin wasn't like that." kyungsoo shook his head.

stop. just stop justifying him.

"yet he did leave, he did something you didn't expect," baekhyun's voice was cold, harsh. knowing he came off too strict he tried to cover it up, "maybe he was frightened, stuck in a boring town for the rest of his life."

which was true, jongin was stuck here, he never did leave this town and he never was going to.

"so, you're saying a twenty six year old had a mid-life crisis?" kyungsoo chuckled.

"possibly." baekhyun lips curled at the sight of kyungsoo's small smile.

"but, i'm still here," baekhyun spoke up, "i won't leave." he said, his hand reaching out to kyungsoo's, lacing their fingers together.

i'll never leave you. ever.

"i know you won't." kyungsoo grinned.

baekhyun returned the smile, no longer panicked, no longer worried.

kyungsoo didn't know, there was no way for him to know. baekhyun wouldn't mess up again. it was a promise to kyungsoo and also for himself.

he knew he was being paranoid most of the time, he knew kyungsoo would never find out what he was actually he like, he'd never know the things he had done.

and with that baekhyun pushed his worries away once his lips latched on kyungsoo's addicting ones.

kissing kyungsoo always made things better, it always made him feel better.

kyungsoo made him forget what he was actually like.

✦✦✦

a/n

i may or may not have a surprise planned for next chapter ;)