pt. 32

pleased hums left baekhyun's lips as he opened the sturdy apartment door, the struggle with opening and closing it wasn't going to hinder his current mood.

for the first time in months he finally saw kyungsoo, and it wasn't like he just suddenly noticed him from across the street. the male spoke to him, interacted with him even sat in his car with him.

baekhyun was pretty sure this was the best day ever.

"why are you so happy?" a familiar voice scoffed.

baekhyun turned from hanging up his coat and taking off his shoes, eyeing up him roommate who was on sprawled on the couch, his brown eyes flickering back to the television.

"i got fired today."

"and that's something to be happy about?" his roommate rose a brow, baekhyun disappearing into the small kitchen and grabbing an apple, "you still need to pay your rent."

"oh, don't shit on my mood, minseok." baekhyun hissed as he took a bite from the fruit, munching with his mouth open deliberately to irritate the male even more.

it wasn't strange living so closely to a past obsession, especially minseok, that was only because he saw the male almost everyday. they went to the same university and did the same forensics course.

he desperately needed somewhere to stay after the whole ordeal but deep down he wanted to see if he could still feel something for someone from the past and kyungsoo was a person from past now that he was gone; that he had walked out on him.

yet no mattered how hard he tried he couldn't feel anything. minseok didn't spark anything in him, he was just someone who could help him have a roof over his head; he wasn't kyungsoo.

baekhyun was slightly alarmed and confused at the fact that kyungsoo never left his mind after he abandoned him at the apartment all those months ago. usually if an obsession called things off baekhyun wouldn't bat a single eyelash as he indulged into someone better, someone who he thought was more meaningful, more fun and entertaining.

someone like kyungsoo.

"you saw him today, didn't you?" minseok spoke up, crossing his arms over his chest as he eyed up the lingering smile on baekhyun's lips.

"mhm." baekhyun hummed as he leaned on the kitchen counter, his eyes fixated on the sitting male in the living room, "problem?"

"no," minseok's voice was high with uncertainty, "i just think it was a bad idea."

"well, i didn't go out of my way for it to happen." baekhyun hissed, "he went to the restaurant and so happened to sit at one of my tables, then as soon as he saw me he came running into my arms." he chuckled. it did go like that in baekhyun's mind, even if the running into his arms was to push him into the table behind him.

"so, it went well?" minseok rose a questioning brow.

"it was fantastic." baekhyun replied, ditching his half eaten apple on the counter top, then entered the bathroom, locking the door behind him.

he stared at himself in the mirror, his fingers tracing over the dried tomato sauce on his cheek with a small smile. he didn't know if he could stop himself from seeing kyungsoo again. he wanted to see him. he just didn't know how, it wasn't like he could stroll into the bookstore again and be nothing but an ordinary customer.

kyungsoo knew him, he knew who he was and what he's done.

he sighed as he turned the tap on, figuring he should dwell deep into his thoughts in a bath. he stripped from his clothes that held the burden of work that he no longer needed to worry about now that he was fired.

he looked down at his exposed chest, his fingers trailing down to his lower stomach, circling and tracing over the noticeable scar left behind from a couple months ago.

he wasn't ever really mad at kyungsoo for stabbing him. he wouldn't of held the male accountable, mostly because deep down he knew he deserved it; killing his ex and all.

he sort of liked the scar left behind. it was one of the only things he had left of kyungsoo, apart from the folder on his laptop and the painting that survived the wreckage that was his old apartment.

he wondered if kyungsoo did worry about him like he said he did. baekhyun smiled at the thought, as long as kyungsoo was still thinking about him made baekhyun happy.

that no matter how much the small male tried, baekhyun would always be on his mind.

✦✦✦

kyungsoo's constantly found his eyes subconsciously darting to the door or window of his bedroom, in case a certain male did know where he lived and would use that as an advantage.

but baekhyun never did appear at his house the next day or the day after that and he was beginning to think he was just getting worried over nothing, the memories of baekhyun barging into his old bungalow constantly replaying in his mind.

his fingers hit each key on the keyboard on his old computer, cursing at the way it would take at least a minute to reply to the other person waiting for a response.

kyungsoo had only just stared talking to the male 2 months ago, any attempt of communication was left ignored until kyungsoo sent a message mentioning baekhyun and he finally got a response.

kyungsoo tried his best to remember all the names that had accumulated in baekhyun's laptop. some of which had been long forgotten, some of which he had remembered.

one of them was kim minseok.

the male he had been talking to online recently. kyungsoo didn't know why he exactly reached out to him. he just had to speak to another person who was apart of the folders. to know their own experience with baekhyun. to know for a fact if they were real.

he didn't think it would be much of a different experience than his relationship with baekhyun and it wasn't, minseok and baekhyun met at university and their relationship progressed into something more serious over a couple months.

but as everyone else in the folder it didn't last.

from what kyungsoo heard from minseok their relationship was nothing but ordinary, there was no killing an ex or any stabbing involved. the only thing that was remotely relatable was the clinginess that baekhyun always had and the sudden outbursts of rage if something didn't go exactly his way.

kyungsoo ended up telling him everything, missing out the part about the murder of jongin because he wasn't quite sure on how minseok would react; he was still unsure if he actually wanted to put baekhyun behind bars.

although, he did mention the stabbing part, just to get it off his chest for a while and surprisingly minseok knew about it that, what was also surprising to kyungsoo was that baekhyun was living with minseok right now.

kyungsoo didn't know if it was the fact that he suddenly saw baekhyun a couple days ago but he found his fingers hitting the send button, asking if he could meet up with minseok at his apartment.

and he didn't know how he should exactly feel when the male replied with a yes.