pt. 25

baekhyun's eyes slowly opened, blinking heavily as he took in his new surroundings. he wasn't outside in the bitter cold anymore. his head soon fell back into the pillow with relief once he realised he's in a hospital room.

but he wasn't fully relieved just yet, especially at the absence of a certain male, he didn't know if he contacted police during the time he wasn't conscious.

his eyes flickered to the door, soon trailing up to the clock that ticked loudly in the quiet room.

2 am.

"shit." he muttered under his breath, that was too long, it had been hours since he last saw kyungsoo; hours for the male to contact police.

he looked down at the needle stuck in his arm, it reached up to a drip. baekhyun couldn't tell what it was, probably a painkiller of some sort because the room was spinning oddly and his head felt fuzzy. he didn't like it.

he quickly pulled it out, sitting up carefully, his wound was still sore but it wasn't as bad as before.

"where are you going?"

baekhyun furrowed his brows at the sudden voice. he didn't know someone else was with him in the empty ward. he spun his head around, quickly stopping once he noticed a male in the bed at the opposite corner of the room.

"you've got to be kidding me," baekhyun groaned, the last thing he wanted was to be stuck in a room with him. "what the fuck are you doing here?"

"appendicitis. i could ask you the same thing," the deep voice replied, "who stabbed you?"

"how did you know i was stabbed?" baekhyun spat in response.

the taller shrugged, "i overheard the nurses talking when you were asleep."

"you're a nosey bastard, park chanyeol." baekhyun let out a small sigh of disbelief as he shook his head.

"are you gonna answer my question?" chanyeol asked as he rose a brow.

"which one?" baekhyun replied, sitting up even more with a wince, clutching onto his sore stomach, "where i'm going or who stabbed me?"

"both."

"well, i'm going home." baekhyun announced, swinging his legs off the bed, letting out a sigh at the basic hospital attire he had on, "where the fuck are my clothes?"

"beside table probably," chanyeol tried his best to answer the male's questions, "and you didn't answer my other question."

baekhyun finally mustered up the courage to stand from the bed with a heavy sigh. closing his eyes as he clutched onto his side, standing still as the pain subsided.

"you shouldn't be leaving, they've not told you to leave."

the male only rolled his eyes in response, "they can't tell me what to do, i'm a grown ass man, i can make my own decisions."

"decisions that also ended up with you getting stabbed?" chanyeol rose a brow, chuckling at how it got the small male worked up.

baekhyun didn't reply. he sent an angry scowl to the male across the room before opening the drawer, pulling his trousers out soon letting out a groan at the absence of his shirt.

it was an expensive one junmyeon bought him. it was a shame it got stained with so much blood.

"do you have a shirt i can borrow?" baekhyun turned to the taller, eyeing him and his bedside table up.