pt. 34

how he'd explain why he was so suddenly at kyungsoo's new house without the male telling him where he lived? he didn't know.

his mind was too determined, too focused on the task at hand that he couldn't think about the little details that had to be sorted, he couldn't care about them.

his cigarette fell to the ground at the sudden push at his shoulder, the person passing by muttering a sorry before walking on but baekhyun stood still, his eyes glued on his wasted cigar. his head whipped back to the individual who had irked him.

he really didn't need this, another person wronging him right now. it just set him off again.

he grabbed the stranger by the collar, pushing him against the wall of the closest building, "what the fuck do you want?" baekhyun spat in his face.

"n—nothing!" the shocked male said, his eyes wide as he stared at the stranger who was pinned against the wall, "i'm sorry, it was an accident!"

"i'm really not in the fucking mood for some idiot's accidents!" baekhyun grumbled, "do you want to know how shitty my day was? do you want to know how much you've pissed me off?!"

the stranger didn't know how to reply to that, baekhyun raised his fist in the air, ready to hit him but he froze for a moment.

"hit me." baekhyun blurted out.

"w—what?"

"i said hit me." baekhyun spoke again, slowly loosening his grasp on the shirt collar.

"no, i can't." the stranger shook his head.

"do it! i want you to hit me!" baekhyun spat out, soon fishing his hand in his pocket. he pulled out his wallet, opening it up to pull out some money to bribe the man but he soon didn't need to bother when a fist met his face.

baekhyun stumbled back, bringing his fingertips up to his throbbing nose, looking down at his crimson stained fingers. "again."

"do it again, do it until i tell you to stop." baekhyun eyes trailed back up to the stranger.

his brows furrowed as they hesitated, why were they hesitating? why couldn't they just do what he wanted, why couldn't someone just do what he wanted for once?

"do it!" baekhyun yelled.

the fist met his face again, his cheek burning and throbbing with pain. he was swung at again, nearly knocked off his feet at the growing dizziness. that was bound to be a black eye by tomorrow.

he needed this. he needed to feel something. something to stop him from going out of his way to make it all happen again, to see kyungsoo again.

the pain was what he deserved. he needed to be knocked back to his senses, a part of him had hoped maybe minseok would do it but instead he had to resolve to a stranger on the street.

he eventually collapsed on the ground, laying helplessly as the boot met his side a couple times, he could hear other voices, people yelling for the male to stop but baekhyun wanted to protest. he deserved this, he was a bad person.

but the words could barely leave his mouth as he was continuously beaten, one last kick to the face making the world around him fall black.

✦✦✦

his eyes blinked open, a soft groan escaping his lips at the throbbing pain coming from everywhere. his head wasn't on the cold concrete but someone's lap.

he slowly looked up, the silhouette of a women above him, he couldn't make their face out, the street lamp above him was straining his eyes.

"mum?" he croaked out.

but as his eyes focused more, it wasn't his mother. just a random woman who cared enough to see if he was alright.

why he blurted out for his mother? he didn't know why. he also didn't know why a part of him had hoped it'd be her.

he slowly got up, forcing himself into a sitting position as he let his throbbing head adjust to the sudden movement.

"just stay there, the ambulance should be here soon."

baekhyun shook his head at her voice. he didn't need an ambulance, what he needed was to go home. his hand picked up his wallet that was abandoned beside him as he stumbled onto his feet, ignoring the voice calling out to him as he made his way down the street.

he then stopped himself as he realised he was headed in the direction to minseok's apartment. he didn't want to go back there and a part of him didn't think he'd be welcomed back.

he then turned in the opposite direction, stumbling along the pavement. his mind foggy and still dizzy from the beating.

and he knew that was the main factor that was stopping him from walking to the house he didn't think he should go to.

✦✦✦

just a peek. he promised himself just a look at the house and he'd go away but he couldn't. his shoes were glued on the pavement as he stared at suburban home.

was he inside right now?

baekhyun didn't know, his eyes scanned over the building as he wondered what kyungsoo would be up to right now.

his eyes quickly widened as a light from outside quickly turned on.

he turned on his feet, ready to walk away but a voice stopped him dead in his tracks.

his voice.

"baekhyun?" kyungsoo called out.

the said male stood still, forcing himself to not turn around but it was becoming a lot more difficult when the male spoke up again.

"what the hell are you doing here?"

baekhyun pursed his lips as he slowly turned around, greeted by the sight of the male he'd only seen a couple hours ago at minseok's apartment.

he watched as his round eyes widened at the glimpse of him before going back to normal.

"oh my god, what happened to you?"

baekhyun didn't say anything at kyungsoo's sudden change of tone. he was worried about him, wasn't he? or was baekhyun just that desperate to think that?

he didn't move as kyungsoo approached him, his hands gently reaching out to hold his face. he'd missed this, he'd missed how soft his hands used to hold him and caress his cheeks.

he missed kyungsoo so much.

"come inside, i'll—"

"no." baekhyun quickly spoke up. "i can't, you know i can't."

he couldn't. he couldn't do this again, he knew it was bad, showing up here was so bad. he should've just went back to minseok's and dealt with his wrath instead of coming here.

"please," kyungsoo's voice was soft, kind, genuine. there was no hate or malice within it like there was a couple days ago, "please, or i'll worry."

baekhyun couldn't say no now. not when kyungsoo had just said that, just said that he'd worry about him. baekhyun's hands slowly made their way up to kyungsoo's that were still holding his face gently. his thumb gently grazing over kyungsoo's fingers.

"okay." he soon agreed. kyungsoo grabbing a hold of his hand and leading him into the house.

baekhyun knew there was no turning back now.