twelve

T W E L V E :

It had been a full week since the whole lost-memory incident, Oak had got her results back and as expected they were clear. Now, she was at work again where the man who helped her also now worked, she wasn't sure who he was but all she remembers was his hair, which was a blinding blonde.

She'd been at work around about an hour now and only had three hours left before she could go home, not that she was thinking about home time at all. Currently, she was concocting the drinks for table four, which were the family of one of the girls who used to take the piss out of Oak for being 5'10. Her mum and dad were having a red wine whilst she, the oh so lovely Ellie Hammersmith, was having a sex on the beach cocktail and her younger sisters were having some lemonade.

With a smile on her face Oak gently placed the correct drink in front of each of the costumers, Ellie looked at the tall blue-haired girl, from head to toe with what seemed to be a look of disgust. You see, Ellie Hammersmith didn't have any hobbies because her main priority was putting others down, Oak was also pretty sure that the blonde didn't even have a job yet she was one to judge others for their current occupation; to Oak, it didn't matter that she didn't work, it was her life, she did what she wanted.

"When you're ready to order just press this button and it'll notify me," Oak said pointing to the little button in the centre of the table, it was connected via Bluetooth so whenever a waiter/waitress got assigned a table they'd have to connect it to their phones and it instantly notifies them with the table number.

"Thank you, love," Ellie's dad responded with a brief nod and smile, he enjoyed coming to this restaurant, the food was brilliant but his eldest kicked up a fuss before they got here. She always had a habit of doing that, which was strange because whenever she got served her food she had no complaints. 

Usually, the deal would be the second you serve four tables you get to go for a fifteen-minute break, which doesn't sound like a lot but it can be rather time-consuming because there are four main waitresses/waiters each night and usually the restaurant wasn't ever fully full so it was like a battle. You could lie to Mattia but he'd always check the app to make sure you weren't, it's not that he didn't trust them he'd just rather be sure because he hates being lied to.

So far, Oak had two tables that she was waiting on, table nine who had already ordered their food and were just waiting for the chef to make it and table four who were currently scanning over their menus.

Suddenly, her phone buzzed inside her little pocket at the front of her apron and it was a notification informing the girl that table nines food was ready. Rapidly, she walked into the kitchen to see a blonde man whose hair looked familiar, placing the foods on the 'ready to go' table.

"Thank you," Oak smiled and took the two plates for the couple who were on a date.

She approached the beautiful couple at table nine with the two dishes they had ordered "One Lasagne," She said and one of the males put his hand up with a smile, Oak smiled and placed it gently down in front of the Afro-haired man.

"And a Trofie Al Pesto," Oak smiled again, one arm behind her back as she placed it in front of the ginger man. "I hope you enjoy your meal if you need anything else make sure to press the button," She smiled again and left the couple to eat their food.

Just as she was about to go back behind the bar she got another notification signalling that table four were ready to order, with a smile, Oak approached the table of five. "Are you ready to order?" Oak asked with a smile still prominent on her face, she had to ask even if she knew the answer.