fifty

F I F T Y :

Harrison lead the pair of them through his house until they reached a door that seemed to lead to a floor below, Oak thought it was unusual for a house, especially in England to have a basement but then again she didn't know the history of this place. The journey to the basement was silent and if Oak didn't partially know Harrison she would've assumed he was taking her to his abattoir to murder her. Thankfully she knew that he was a nice person and wouldn't do that especially not in his family home.

It wasn't like those big basements you see in American dramas it was kind of more like a cellar, it was big enough to have all of Isabelle's equipment in it but it wasn't big enough to have a party in. There was a stripy yellow rug on the floor to make it more homely with the Podcast's logo poster on the wall, that Isabelle had printed out herself.

"She hasn't fully finished decorating it yet, apparently," Harrison told Oak with a light chuckle as their feet lay stationary on the tiled flooring. The way it was designed looked rather professional, it had a table in the far corner that was curved and had a comfy seat and sofa at each side of it with a plugged in microphone in the middle of the table. Then at the opposite side was another table that had her desktop computer on it for when she was to edit it all together.

"It's nice," Oak complimented, as her blue eyes trailed across the room taking in every inch. Isabelle had a great eye for design . "She doesn't happen to like yellow does she?" She attempted a light joke to try and ease the awkwardness that was swarming them like a herd of bees.

"Don't think so," Harrison joked back with a shrug. The full room was literally draped in yellow accessories giving it a bright, cheerful feeling. "I forgot to ask earlier but how are you?" He did the standard small talk, the five-foot ten girl by his right side turned to him with a smile.

"I've been good, how've you been?" She responded asking him the same question back, they had no idea why it was so awkward this time around, maybe it was because they'd never actually been alone before until now, there was always someone else with them. They'd messaged each other separately but that was about it, maybe it was also because you could seriously not deny the magnetic pull between them.

"Good, times by two," He smiled again "I'm looking forward to hearing the new song by the way," He added, telling the truth. He'd actually been waiting for the release of a new song by The Blue, they hadn't released one since October so it was well overdue.

"Thank you," Oak thanked genuinely "I hope it doesn't disappoint," She spoke shyly, she had always lacked confidence in her art, Harrison had noticed that too even though she had no reason to, her voice was angelically punk.  

"I doubt it will, every single song you guys have released has been a tune," He complimented, which made Oak's cheeks tinge a light red. She didn't know why it did, it wasn't like what he said was embarrassing, it was nice of him to say, she just wasn't good at taking compliments and never knew how to react to them.

"Thank you, much appreciated," Was the response  she opted for, she literally turned herself into an awkward formal twat in front of the best looking man she had ever seen in her life. Why?

"What's it about ?" The brunette man asked, honestly interested, he loved the lyrics the band produced and wanted deeper knowledge  about their soon to be released tracks.

"Well, it's quite a happy song compared to some of the others," She told him with a smile, music brought so much joy to her that the smile she had on her face was adorable, Harrison loved to see it. "It's about love," She said plainly, looking at him as he listened intently. "But not like a love song, it's about love but not our love, it's more or less about accepting people for who they are and not for who they like kissing, if you know what I mean?" The blue-eyed girl explained enthusiastically, the smile never leaving her face. They all loved this song massively and it meant the world to them, they all knew people from the LGBTQ community and knowing what they still had to cope with broke their hearts.