twenty-seven

T W E N T Y - S E V E N :
ᴍɪɴᴏʀ ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ

"Oh, shit!"

"Jesus Christ!"

"Ow, ow, ow!"

"Shit, shit, shit!" Oak's voice yelped as she grabbed the boiling hot tray from the oven without an oven glove—it was her own fault. All she was trying to do was make a pizza for her and Harper, who had decided to pop around for a little bit.

The black-haired girl was very confused as to why there was such a racket coming from Oak's kitchen but then didn't bother questioning it, Oak was fairly clumsy so this sort of predicament was usual. Oak was actually a pretty good cook when she wanted to be but right now, it was all going tits up.

Nevertheless, Oak got the pizza cutter from the drawer that was above the 'pan' cupboard and began as neatly as she could, cutting up the Margherita that was bought from the Tesco's down the road. Patiently, Harper was sat waiting in the living room for her friend to return with a plate full of the cheesy goodness, Elias was coming over when he finished work at his paint station in town that specialised in all different paints, it was a nice little place but the man who owned it, not so much.

"Eli said he's coming over soon so you can take photos of him," Harper chuckled as Oak handed her the plate with a few slices of pizza "Thank you," She said and almost instantly dug her teeth into the heaven that pizza was.

"Tell him I've saved him some pizza," Oak told her as she plonked herself down next to her long-haired friend.

"Are you not having any?" Harper asked, a mouth full of cheese.

"I'll just have a sandwich later, I'm not that hungry," Oak responded with a soft shrug and Harper just nodded. They hadn't really planned to do anything today except 'hang out', it was likely that they were gonna end up watching some form of TV.

Harper acted as though she wasn't concerned about her friend who was only a few centimetres to her right, but she was, massively. She knew Oak was old enough to control her lifestyle but Harper had noticed that she hadn't been eating as much as she used to or so it seemed; without hesitation, she pulled her phone out and decided to message one of her band mates.

Harper Daviesnok
Hi, can I ask you something?

Joe Marrow
Sure, what's the matter?

Harper Daviesnok
Do you know when you lot were in NY?

Joe Marrow
Yeah???

Harper Daviesnok
Did you notice anything odd about Oak?

Joe Marrow
Well, she is always kind of odd

Harper Daviesnok
I know but I mean like when it came to food

Joe Marrow
Eh, kind of I guess, why?

Harper Daviesnok
She's not eating pizza

Joe Marrow
Really?