fifty-nine

if you're here on the day of publish make sure to check out the previous chapter :)

F I F T Y - N I N E :

"He isn't coming here is he?" Harrison asked his mum, trying not to sound too disappointed by the fact that his mother's brother, Liam, had suggested the family have a barbecue at some point. It's not that Liam was a bad person, he was just a bit weird, he asked uncomfortable questions at times that neither Harrison or Isabelle had any clue how to answer, frankly it wasn't any of his business.

Emma looked at her son with a sheepish look, she knew he was very, what's the word? Forward. He didn't care if he made people uncomfortable, he liked to see them squirm, which would be fine if he didn't word his questions to her children like are you getting enough pussy, he could go for the standard have you got girlfriend or boyfriend yet? Maybe, that's what gave him personality she just wishes that for once her brother would be a little less inappropriate, for Harri and Belle's sake.

"He is, this afternoon actually--he didn't give us much notice but I think it'll be nice to see him again, it's been a while," Emma responded cautiously, it wasn't that much short notice, they'd actually been planning it collectively for a while, she just wanted to make sure Harri and Belle didn't plan an escape.

She loved Liam but she hated the fact that whenever he approached Harrison or Belle they'd want to do a runner. It would be nice to see him and her nieces and nephews again, it's been nearly a year. Liam had four kids, so he had his hands very much so full, he had a son, William who was the eldest at twenty-one and didn't live with his mum and dad still but had agreed to come because he hadn't seen his auntie and cousins for a while; he than had his eldest daughter, Faye, who was seventeen and got on pretty well with Belle except she didn't have the same music taste; then his youngest daughter, Grace who was fifteen and finally his youngest son, Dillon, who was twelve--he really didn't have an easy job, did he?

"Oh and before I forget, basically everyone of your aunts and uncles are coming, it's family get together organised by Liam, we offered because it was stated that we had the biggest house," Emma added informing her two children who looked uncomfortable already at just the thought, they loved their family a shit tonne but sometimes it got a bit overbearing, especially with all the family they had and how many cousins they had, it was a whirlwind of a time at family get-togethers.

"All of them?" Belle repeated her mother's words slowly, thinking she may have misheard her. Her brown eyes were wide and her mind was racing with the thoughts of what this afternoon would entail, it was only nine AM and this sort of bombshell was too much to comprehend. It's just one of her cousins was constantly trying to get into her room and would look through all of her stuff and it was like an invasion of her privacy, sure she was only young but it didn't stop it being annoying as fuck.

"Yes, Liam and Olivia, Emilee and Sorcha, Ross and Michelle, Kate and Jamal obviously with all of their kids too," Emma replied as she pulled the hoover out of the cupboard under the stairs ready to clean the place a little, so it looked more presentable--this was going to be fun.

With Liam and Olivia's four kids to Emilee and Sorcha's Bruno to then Ross and Michelle's two kids to then Kate and Jamal's three, the house was well and truly going to be packed to the brim of children and mess and food and drunken words. The two Stiles children could admit that it would be nice to see them all again, especially after it being so long since they'd all seen each other, when every single one of them was free--work was a massive factor to them not seeing each other as much as they wanted to. Ross and Michelle lived in Yorkshire somewhere now and would obviously try and get down as much as possible but they had their hands full with Lola and Luke and their own careers.