fifty-eight

F I F T Y - E I G H T :

Alex, Charlie, Joe and Oak each explained the whole idea that they had been having for a while and the look of adoration on both of their faces was irreplaceable. Sure, it wasn't that big of a deal but there was a lot of oppression towards certain races and cultures in certain countries and some people didn't agree with people speaking a different language in a different country, which was crazy. Even though the band all strongly believed that everyone's cultures should be celebrated because that's what made everyone unique, everyone was different and that shouldn't have to be hidden.

For example, there's been many a time where some racist bastard has said to someone who was communicating with someone on the phone in their own language to go back to their own country when this full country and the majority of the world is built around eating and making foods along with products that are native to other countries. Also, just because someone is talking a different language doesn't mean their not form that specific country, there is such thing as multilingualism but, of course, those closed-minded people wouldn't understand that concept. The four of them strongly believed that everyone, no matter of race, sexuality or religion should be celebrated for who they are not what. If someone being black really bothers you, why? If someone kissing the same gender bothers you, why? If someone having different beliefs bothers you, why? Them being them isn't causing you any trauma, you being discriminatory is, by you shutting people off for something that they can't help, effects them but them being born a different ethnicity, religion or sexuality is doing nothing to you.

Elias and Harper knew exactly how they felt because they'd all in one way or another experienced some form of discrimination or prejudice for just being themselves; Elias had been subject to homophobia multiple times and he'd been told to fuck off back to his own country simply because he stood up for himself or because he accidentally bumped into someone. Harper had been racially discriminated for talking to her auntie in Nepali on the phone, she got told to also go back to your own country, which was ironic considering she was born here and so was her mum but those sorts of people refuse to believe that anyone of a different race could possibly be born in white England, which was pure ignorance.

The only two people in this group who hadn't been racially abused were Joe and Oak because their skin was their armour, which made them sick to the stomach to know that just because of them being white it made them somehow immune to brutality. Of course, they wouldn't want to experience it but it was sickening to know that a white person could literally carry a full box of class A drugs and be in refusal and would still be taken out of their car calmly but if it was a black person, they'd more than likely be thrown on the floor like they were some dangerous wild animal even if they complied--this world was a fucked up place and the police, all over the world but especially in America really needed teaching a lesson about racial equality. Everywhere did, it shouldn't even happen. 

"Just whenever you're free, it shouldn't take very long--you could even do it via phone," Charlie told them in explanation, it wasn't needed to be full high-end production, they couldn't even do that, the whole purpose of this was to sound natural and kind of free. They hadn't a clue where this idea sprung from, it was just one day Alex was talking to his dad who had yelled at him in Japanese because he'd spilt gravy all over the counter and then Joe looked at both Charlie and Oak with a smile on his face and then gave a brief idea on what was now a permanent fixture.

"What's the song called that we'll be featuring in?" Elias asked and did a fake hair flip to add to his dramatics as he pressed the skip button on his phone.

"It's non relating to what's going to be on the track," Oak told them getting somewhat nervous, this was the first time they'd be using other people to help them out and they were all a bit uncertain as to how it was going to pan out and what the music behind the words was going to be like. "But we wanted it to be kind of a surprise upon first listen," She added, deepening her explanation.