seventy

S E V E N T Y :

It was pretty insane to say that a song, that The Blue had released exactly two weeks ago had already surpassed three million YouTube views and had gotten a bunch of positive feedback. From the small amount of people who were fans of the bands' music and from the humongous amount of people who were fans of self-indulgence and had even apparently made video edits on Instagram that the members had seen and were impressed and overwhelmed by. The bands socials had also had a huge popularity gain from a range of celebrities and people who'd clearly taken an interest in their sound, which was nice. 

Their band Instagram account had gained like two thousand followers, Alex had gained four hundred, Charlie had gained about five hundred, Joe had also gained about four hundred and Oak had gained two hundred; they hoped that the people who had followed them actually liked their music and weren't just doing it because they had association with the cast of self-indulgence. 

Despite all of the excitement over the last few weeks, they had been back in normality for the last week and a half, Oak was back at work and Mattia, Miles and Josh were ecstatic that she was back because they felt like they hadn't seen her in such a long time even though it'd been just over a month and they'd called her on WhattsApp a few times to ask how they were doing. 

The band had also being advised by their label to not work anymore as it could get complicated when they start gaining popularity and were to release an album and touring. They knew it, they knew that they wouldn't be able to stick at it because of how difficult it got to keep your private life private when pushed further into the eye of the public--it had broken Oak's heart to hear it because she loved working for Mattia, he was the kindest boss she'd ever had, Joe wasn't too bothered, he was more so excited to finally not be working with a woman he'd slept with because it often got a bit awkward.  

She was panicking because she didn't know she'd tell him, she knew it'd break his heart because he had told her that it would and she didn't want to do that to him, the people at El Bessi had become really close friends, she'd never forget them and would always go back.

The staff were currently preparing for the food festival they'd been planning for their tenth anniversary of the restaurant, they were to have a street party, with permission from the council and they were merging it with different food businesses along the street and further in town. There was to be entertainment courtesy of The Blue and a few more local bands and musicians from the likes of Davey Houston who was an R&B artist from Ancoates, Mary Abebe who was a blues and jazz artist from Stretford , The Abhorrent who were an indie band from Fallowfield, Sean McDougal was also a indie pop singer from Rochdale. Each of the musicians performing had a message hence the reason the business had agreed to host them, it was going to be a spectacular day for everyone hopefully and it was a way to boost the restaurants sales. 

It had been advertised for the last month on social media, sign posts, flyers and billboards all over the city to gain as much traction as possible. There were a range of different world foods from Chevrolet's owned by Adam Chevrolet an exquisite French restaurant, Jack O' Star owned by Lee Wang a Chinese restaurant, Angel's owned by Veronica Miguel a Mexican restaurant, The Bengal owned by Aditya Patel an Indian restaurant, BUZZ THAI owned by Dara Sael a Thai restaurant and several others, it was really a celebration of culture and it was going to be a day in Mancunian food festival history. 

"Are you in charge of the music?" Chloe had asked the girl who was behind the bar, waiting for her phone to buzz for the next order of the table she was waiting. Chloe was the girl who fancied Josh a shit tonne, she'd do anything to get his attention and that included befriending Oak, even though she for some reason had a strong dislike for her.