twenty-one

T W E N T Y - O N E :

"What time are we going out to eat?" Charlie asked curiously as he leaned back in the chair, which was in the corner of his and Alex's room. The four were currently just 'hanging out' before they went for a meal with the cast of self-indulgence to celebrate what they'd done so so far.

Ajay said to them, in quotations 'we're gonna take you to eat real American food' and they were all ecstatic about it; the cast members because they'd have a good few months rest before they had to come back to the States (unless they already lived there) to do promotions and interviews, which was also global.

"Erm, I think it's six, Mitch is picking up some of the others first then coming for us," Alex answered, remembering the full conversation as he laid on his side of the bed as some of Sundara Karma's music streamed through the room. In all honesty, they didn't know what was categorised as real American food so they were very much so looking forward to it.

"D'you know where we're going?" Charlie asked Alex because he seemed to remember all the relevant information. He was like the human form of a memory stick in times like these where everyone else had let it slip from their minds, unconventionally. 

"I think it's a diner in town somewhere, I'm not sure though," Alex replied with a light shrug. He wasn't entirely sure but he did hear Elle and Julian discussing the best American diners to show the four Brits that American cuisine is proportionately delicious.

Oak had her head hanging off of the edge of the deeply cushioned bed, her eyes looking up at Alex and Charlie sat down, she had an instant laughing fit, which confused the three guys purely because of how random it came along and because she'd been pretty quiet since they got back from the set. They all understood her lack of talking, they all knew her dad was the literal definition of wanker; he hurt her for no reason, he made her feel so much pain for no reason other than he didn't agree with her.

"Are we only going for a meal?" Oak asked curiously as all the blood had gone straight to her head, she looked like the replica of the devil minus the horns.

"That's the impression I got," Alex nodded softly, Oak hummed in response and then sat up just as quickly, her long legs swinging around but tucked in so she didn't kick any of her friends.

"I want to get drunk," She said nonchalantly a light shrug added, Joe looked at her, baffled. Sure, Oak drank but she was never one to get absolutely shit faced; he'd noticed she hadn't been eating that much and she wasn't acting her true self, she was still the kindest soul but her smile wasn't the same.

It was like one of those filters you get where it adds an instant grin to your face, it didn't look right. Oaks smile was the most precious thing in their eyes, it was the brightest thing. . . When it was real but right now her three friends could see the grey cloud hanging above her head yet they hadn't a clue what caused such a thunderstorm. They had a few guesses, it didn't take a genius to suss it out if they really knew her. 

"Why?" Joe asked rapidly, his concern overflowing any other emotion. It was an absurd statement for her to make considering she really wasn't a fan of getting drunk. It also made no sense for her to say that in the USA because she was nineteen, need he elaborate?

"Why not?" She shrugged back, it wasn't a complex thing, she just did, nothing deeper. 

"I thought you hated getting drunk," Joe countered softly narrowing his dark blue eyes slightly, his confusion, all of their confusion was to the maximum.