sixteen

S I X T E E N :

It was now six PM, the following day when the final scene of this self-indulgence series was being filmed. They still had a few more scenes to shoot but this was the most important and they only had the special effects artist for three more days until they had to go and help out with another show in Florida.

Yesterday's introductions didn't go as awfully as the band thought they would, the cast were all very sweet people and were very chatty except for Harrison. It was the weirdest part of yesterday evening, the only person the band kind of knew was the quietest. Maybe he was just the shyest out of the nine of them or maybe he just didn't want to talk to them, which was understandable--they could be annoying at times.  

"And action!" The director called and the band waited for their cue that was to be given by Aray's character, Brooklyn, who was going to walk past the stage to get a drink just as the band came on.

They all had had an outfit change, that was to match the theme of the scene, it was a 'senior dance' so all of the characters were dressed in fancy gowns and tuxedos.

Charlie, Joe and Alex were all wearing similar looking suit trousers and shirts; Charlie was wearing black and grey checkered trousers with a white shirt and black tie; Joe was wearing plain blue trousers with a white shirt and matching tie; Alex was wearing some deep red trousers and a white shirt with no tie. Oak, on the other hand was sporting a sparkly emerald green jumpsuit and some short high-heels.

The hall was decorated fantastically in dozens and dozens of fairy lights that were draped all over, they had a large banner that was decorated by the 'art' students. The tables were draped with white table cloths and had a plastic vase of flowers in the centre of it.

Brooklyn walked past the stage giving the band their cue "Hello everyone, we're The Blue and we hope you're having a brilliant evening so far, this song is called whisper," Oak spoke in the best American accent she could do, introducing the band brilliantly.

Harrison was stood outside the hall waiting for him to walk in, he was surprised by how great Oak's accent had come out, most of the non-American actors had to go though accent training but she nailed it first go, publicly. The soft guitar intro played as the camera focused on the schools students dancing together.

The band were told to play a song that was more about love, not because their political songs weren't good it was because of the event. It would be a bit weird if they were singing about the fucked up governments at a place that was meant for slow dancing and kissing. They didn't mind though, it was all part of the job, to try new things and experience new things. 

"I'm surprised you even came Cameron," Brooklyn said to the dressed up boy. The boy rolled his eyes as his slightly bruised knuckles grabbed a paper cup and he poured some vodka from his pocket.

"I had no choice," He told the afro-headed girl flatly and peered over her shoulder, not really wanting to talk to her.

"Everyone has a choice," Brooklyn shrugged smartly at the boy who wasn't really paying any solely focused attention.

"Well, I didn't," He said just as blandly as before, his dark eyes kept flicking back and fourth from the doors entrance and the main 'dance floor'.

"Whatever," Brooklyn shrugged again and walked away with her cup full of whatever the stupid school had to offer and made her way back to Nicole.