twenty-three

T W E N T Y - T H R E E

After spending almost two full weeks in the picturesque city of New York, it was unfortunately time for Joe, Charlie, Alex and Oak to go home. They were all ecstatic about seeing their family and other friends again, it had felt like longer than it was despite them having an intense amount of fun each day.

Each cast member had made sure to give the four band members their numbers because they'd enjoyed spending time with them and they all wished to do it again whenever they all had free time. They all made sure to give the four a send off at the airport as Stan was taking them back to their hometown, they hadn't told anyone they were coming home yet because they wanted to surprise them.

"We've all got to meet up again sometime," Elle said as she pulled Oak into a 'goodbye' hug, she felt an instant connection to each of the members because of how easygoing they all were and how easy they made it for them to talk to.

"We definitely do," Oak said as a response with a smile on her face, she couldn't believe how well they all got on with each other and how easy the conversation always seemed to flow.

"Ya'll better make sure we're the first to know about new music," Julian joked with the group with a pointed finger, the quartet chuckled.

"We'll make sure," Oak agreed, even though they didn't have a single clue as to when they were going to release another song.

Aray informed them of the group chat she'd made so that it was easier for them all to talk to each other because she definitely, without a shadow of a doubt, wanted to be friends with the band and the feeling was mutual throughout all thirteen of them.

The four mounted the plane as the nine others all called a goodbye and waved their hands frantically, despite them only knowing each other for less than two weeks it felt like they'd been friends since they were kids and that feeling was incredible. It never made much sense, the feeling. Like meeting someone for the first time was more often than not a nerve-wracking thing yet they had the time of their lies with people they didn't know, they'd also gladly do it twenty times again. 

Harrison could've gone back with them but he was told by Eoin that he had a photo shoot for a magazine the following morning, so he had to postpone his trip home until Friday. He was sad to see the four fellow Brits go because he felt as though he had a strong connection with them all.

"They're so nice," Aray gushed at the exit of the band. She knew it was a bad thought to have but at first, she didn't expect to like them very much. She thought they'd be all cocky and act like Gods gift but they were the polar opposite and she had no idea why she thought they were going to be like that. It was a misjudgement of character, by a whole three hundred miles. 

"Yeah, they are. . ." Harrison replied with a heavy sigh and followed the departing others. He didn't have any other plans today other than to visit his manager who was still resting his leg. Eoin was told by the doctors to take it easy because the stitches in his leg were in an awkward place and they didn't want to have the risk of them coming undone. The man hated hospitals so it was the last place he wanted to go, again.  

——— ••• ———

"Could you put this on for us?" The photographer asked the brunette man who had already had way too many photos of himself taken. Jon Phillips was known for capturing some incredible shots for the magazine he worked for, he always tried to make the shots cinematic and over the top so that they were interesting.