Chapter#04

Zahra sat up in the bed getting tired of the multiple failed attempts at sleeping when her mind registered the pitter-patter against the window.

She got up walking to the window and drew the curtains apart peaking out only to find it raining outside.

Her lips turned into a small smile before she opened the window and sat on the sill putting her palm out.

A strong wind blew by making her hair dance wildly.

The sound of rain hitting the ground was magically soothing, her heart swelled inside her chest. 

She closed her eyes throwing some water on her face and took in a sharp breath.

The petrichor intoxicating her senses. Calmness pumped into her veins as the pleasant scent made some bitter memories rush in her mind.

The image of a couple dancing in a heavy rain drew itself on the curtains of her eyelids.

And just like that, she started drowning in the past.

Their faces cleared up and she found herself wrapped up in the arms of a man she had loved with her whole heart.

"You look beautiful," her face had turned warm under the cold weather.

"I can't tell you how much I love you," the guy leaned in and joined their foreheads. Both of their breaths labored but hearts in a single rhythm.

"You don't even have to. I already know," she whispered staring into his hazel eyes, which were warm and inviting.

"I wish I can keep dancing with you like this all my life," the guy muttered and her eyes shot up. The heavy rain made it difficult to keep her eyes open but she managed to do so.

"Did you-" her mouth was hung open and she saw how the guy grinned. Her own lips tugged up.

He stopped moving them around and removed his arms.

"Hey, I am not going anywhere," he put a hand on her shoulder when he found her panicking and she relaxed instantly.

He stepped back staring into her ocean blue eyes.

And then he was kneeling in front of her with a ring in his hand.

Her palms flew to her mouth with an audible gasp.

"You are kidding me, right?" He shook his head. Her heart was beating in her ears now.

"benimle evlenir misin?"
(Will you marry me) Happy tears started rolling out of her eyes as she nodded her head frantically.

He held her hand slipping in the ring and got up to hug her.

She pushed her head more into his chest as he squeezed her in his arms.

She looked at his face through her lashes and he cupped her face pecking her wet lips.

Her eyes jerked open as she looked around the dark room and felt a tear roll down her eye.

She wiped it away with the back of her hand and got up closing the window with shaky hands.

Laying down again she pulled the comforter over her head trying to seek warmth for her shaking body.

"I hate you," it was the last thing she muttered before dozing off into the dark valley of sleep.
_

Ammar walked out of his room and rolled his eyes seeing Ahad grin at him.