Chapter#05

"Zoha, can you please stop shouting in my ear." Zahra picked her stuff, her mobile pressed between her shoulder and ear where Zoha had been shouting at her for already being so late.

"Zahra, I will not talk to you if I didn't see you in front of me in half an hour. Kashif is waiting for you right outside your office." She could hear Zoha's mother scolding her for screaming in the whole house.

"Okay. I am out. I saw Kashif. Bye," She lied cutting the call and picked her bag, locked the door before making her way out.

"I will be there in fifteen minutes, okay?" She frowned hearing Ammar's voice and turned to look at him.

He looked at the same time, before mumbling something in his phone and cut the call.

She looked away with pressed lips and they both silently made their way towards the lift. He pressed the button before glancing at his right and found her typing something on her phone.

The lift dinged and he gestured her to walk in first and fall into place beside her.

There was an eerie silence the whole minute they were together into the lift with him casting occasional glances her way but she was busy typing over her phone, her feet impatiently dabbing against the floor.

Before he could think or say anything the doors opened and she was out.

He walked fast matching her pace and looked around seeing the lobby empty as well with just a few people around.

They exited the building and stopped as he turned to look at her and her eyes ran all around her.

"How are you going to go?" He asked as she turned to look at him. It was late afternoon, the sun had already set and his eyes were the warmest thing in the cold December evening.

"I have my friend waiting for me." She pointed to the black car parked across them as Kashif waved at her.

"Oh, okay,"

"Allah Hafiz." She muttered and he replied making his way to his car.

He kept standing there watching her get into the car and until it disappeared from his sight.

_

"Uff Zoha what is this behavior?" Zahra gushed putting her bag away and her eyes stuck at the girl in front of her.

Zoha was dressed in a yellow Anarkali frock with golden embroidery all over it. The dark green heavy dupatta set gracefully on her parted hair, the light makeup adding more to her natural beauty. 

Her whole house was chaos. Everyone running from one corner to another.

"What is my behavior? How dare you go to your stupid office when I needed you the most," Zoha said narrowing her eyes and Zahra came out of her stance.

"I had work but I am back na." She muttered loosening her scarf and inhaled deeply.

"You ate something?" Zoha asked slipping bangles in her hands.

"Here," Zahra asked for her other hand slipping bangles in them.

"Your house looks beautiful,"

"It does, right? After all, I planned everything myself," Zoha smiled proudly.

Zahra smiled looking at the happiness and glow on her face.

"And you are the most beautiful bride I have ever seen in my life," She pinched her cheeks.

"Don't butter me up now. You are not going to the office tomorrow." She raised her brows at that.

"Okay, I am coming back in half an hour. Have to get ready for my best friend's mayun," She dropped a chaste kiss on her cheek, running out to her home.