Chapter#57

The afternoon sun started setting down, it's golden beams dripping Karachi into its shine.

The hustle bustle of Baig house only increased with new and shiny clothes being pressed to perfection.

The Baig kids were being shouted at for not having their midday nap.

Zahra rushed out from Zoha's house, fixing the dupatta over her head.

"Ayesha, did you check up on Mahnoor? Did her heels reach there on time?" She asked finding Ayesha walking back into the main house.

"Yes, Bhabi. And do you know Zirwa fell from the stairs?" Her eyes widened at that.

"What? When?" Her senses were alert as she dashed towards her house.

With hurried steps, she pushed open the heavy wooden doors and made her way into the hallway.

"Zirwa!" She called seeing her in her father's lap, who was trying to put the piece of cotton over her knee.

"Mama!" She shrieked holding out her arms.

Zahra sat beside her pulling her baby in her arms examining her wound.

"What happened? How did she fall?" Zahra blew over it as Zirwa stuffed her face in her mother's neck. Her tears were making her shoulder wet.

"Why do you care? Go and help the whole world out, your kids don't need you," Ammar snapped and she frowned turning to him.

"What has gotten into you? I was not laying around Ammar. I was working," she picked up the cotton soaked in antibacterial and put it over her knee.

"Mama! No," Zirwa wriggled in her arms making it hard for her to see her wound.

"It's okay baby. It's not that big,"

"It's not that big? Look at her face, how much is she crying," he took his daughter in his arms, wrapping the bandage over her knee.

"Ammar, she is a kid. Of course, she will cry," Zahra wiped Zirwa's face, tugging her hair behind her ear.

"It wouldn't have happened in the first place if you would be attentive towards them," He got up with a silently wailing Zirwa holding onto him and walked upstairs.

Zahra sighed dropping her head in her hands.

This man and his love for his daughter was just indescribable.

"Mama, what happened to Zirwa?" Azlan walked into the house and Zahra pulled him in her lap, hugging him from behind.

"She fell from the stairs,"

"Is she hurt?"

"Her knee has a gash,"

"She will be fine, soon?"

"Insha'Allah." She kissed his cheek, giving him a small smile.

"You want to shower right now and sleep for some time?"

"But Mama, I don't want to sleep," he whined holding her chin.

"Than you won't be able to enjoy the wedding. You would be sleepy all the time," she got up with him in her arms and made her way upstairs.

Getting Azlan showered and changed, she tucked him into the bed.

She still needed to check up on Zirwa.

Running her hands through his silky black locks, she let him be slipped into sleep.

Zahra was tired from all the running around.