Chapter#56

"How much time do you say she has?" Zahra ran a tongue over her lips.

"Less than twenty-four hours," the doctor looked down making her take a deep breath.

"I am sorry, but we have tried everything in our hold," she put a hand over hers.

"It's okay, I understand,"

She got up walking out.

"What did she say?" Hasan uncle came to her and Zahra hugged him.

"She has less than a day to breath," he patted her head.

"You were ready for it. Your mother made sure you were," she nodded pulling back. 

"Look at the brighter side of it. She is in pain for all these years. Her suffering would end this way,"

"But I wish I would be able to tell her one more time about how much I love her,"

"She knows how much you love her and she is going from this world content. You are my brave daughter. You have to look after everyone now,"

She wiped her face.

"Assalamualaikum," she looked ahead at Ammar and his mother as they walked in.

"What did the doctor say?" Her mother-in-law asked her and she turned to glance at her husband.

"Less than twenty-four hours," she sucked in a deep breath engulfing Zahra in a hug.

"I am so sorry,"

"It's okay aunty, it was meant to be one day,"

"We are going home?" She asked Ammar.

"Yes, you should rest for some time. We will come back," she nodded.

"Bhai and Kashif are going to be here in fifteen minutes," she said to Hasan uncle before walking out.

"How is Azlan?"

"He was crying for you,"

"And Zirwa?"

"Zahra, you know she needs you," he sighed and she leaned her head at the window, closing her eyes.

"I know,"

"It's okay," he kissed the back of her hand.

Reaching her mother's home, she walked to the lounge seeing Mansha with the kids.

"Zahra, are you okay?"

"I am," she hugged her before sitting on the couch and pulled Azlan in her lap.

"My baby, you missed Mama?" She kissed his cheek and he nodded.

"I am so sorry, I was with nano,"

"Where nano?" He held his mother's hand playing with her fingers.

She didn't have an answer to his question.

"Did you behave well?"

"I did," he grinned and she smiled kissing his head.

"You want to sleep with Mama?" He nodded and she got up.

"I am so sorry Bhabi. You had to look after both of them,"

"It's okay, go and refresh. I will send something for you to eat,"

"I ate there,"

"Then take some rest," Mansha kissed her temple and she walked into the room putting Azlan onto the bed, and went to the closet.

"I am coming in five minutes," she mumbled seeing Ammar walk in with Zirwa.

He nodded sitting on the bed with his kids.