Chapter#21

Ammar took a deep breath in, following his father nervously inside the building.

They were having the boards meeting today, where the CEO of the company was going to be decided. He already knew it was going to be him. Harib's client had backed off at the last minute and Ammar's deal had already made its way to the board members, but he still could not help the nervousness.

He never thought he will even be able to work in this company for more than a week but then he did it.

He wasn't interested in handling his father's business, he wanted to build his own but after a lot of pressure, he had agreed, and now here he stood.

He walked to the cafeteria picking a black coffee from there and made his way upstairs sipping on it.

He made his way out of the elevator seeing his father, Zahra, Harib, and Bashir Hameed standing in a group.

By the look of it, Harib had an idea that he had failed.

"Hello," he muttered looking between them.

"The meeting is starting in fifteen minutes," Harib informed him and he nodded.

He looked over at Zahra. She was wearing a simple black eastern dress.

His favorite color.

His lips tugged up in a smile, not even trying to hide it.

She was looking more beautiful to him like that.

Did she do it intentionally!?

He thought biting his lower lip just when she looked up frowning at his unwavering stare.

He composed himself looking at the wall behind her.

She squinted her eyes a little before turning to walk back to her cabin.

He bit his inner cheek to not smile anymore.

He composed himself as his father pulled him into the conversation.
_

Zahra took a deep breath walking out seeing other employees making their way down as well.

The meeting had been finished and they were going to announce the CEO in the lobby in front of the whole staff.

She crossed her fingers under her dupatta and stood at the corner, chewing her lip out of slight nervousness.

They all made their way down the stairs as the board directors greeted the staff and started with their speech.

"And hoping to be fair with the decision we have concluded that Ammar Baig had managed to bring the more profitable client in the given time and even the biggest in the history of this company. We announce him as our new CEO," the hall erupted into loud claps as he stood in the middle of a makeshift stage.

He proceeded to thank all of them for their hard work. His eyes not leaving hers for more than a second.

He had a huge grin covering his whole face. She managed a nervous smile too. His constant stares were scaring her but she was happy. She had seen his neck-deep into the project. He was not leaving any loop, not wanting even a point's mistake.

Her eyes found his father's as he clapped with the crowd, happy tears glistening in his eyes.

She slipped from the crowd and walked up into her cabin, leaning slightly on her desk.

Her own father's face flashing in front of her eyes.

The way he had clapped on her graduation day. The way he was crying while clapping the loudest in the whole crowd.