Chapter#27

Zahra fixed the dupatta on her shoulder before walking ahead towards the drawing-room. A tray of coffee cups in her hand.

"And what about the time period?" Zaheer leaned back talking to Ammar. She picked one and handed it to her brother who was sitting just behind her.

"It depends on the project," her husband looked up at her with a small smile as she passed him his cup.

"You both are only talking about work since he is here," Mansha walked in with Moosa in her arms.

Ammar chuckled leaning forward as he took a sip from his coffee.

Zahra took Moosa in her arms sitting beside her husband.

He pinched Moosa's cheek lightly who was playing with a small car in his hands.

"What will Moosa call you? Uncle or phuppa?" Mansha asked looking at him.

"Uncle looks so old," he made a face.

"Phuppa does too,"

"I have my niece and nephews call me by my name. He can too," he shrugged.

"Well, now it is on him. Whatever he grabs easily," he nodded looking at Zahra as she tried to pull Moosa back to her who slipped down crawling to his father.

"Where is aunty?"

"She is cooking for you herself,"

"She didn't need to," he muttered apologetically.

"She wants to pamper her son-in-law as much as she can," Mansha chuckled and he smiled.

They were soon joined by her in-laws as they enjoyed the delicious dinner made by her mother.

Her husband was getting all the love and attention from her mother while she was busy with Mansha, Zoha, and Amna in her room.

"When are you going back to work?" Zoha asked licking the ice cream off her spoon.

"In a week," she yawned falling back on the bed.

"My whole body is sore," she whined rubbing her arms.

"You didn't sleep at night?" Zoha wiggled her brows making her roll her eyes.

"I did but then woke up early," she punched Zoha's shoulder at the teasing look in her eyes.

"Ya, sure,"

"Shut up Zoha," she turned on her stomach pushing her face into the mattress wanting to sleep.

"Zahra," Mansha called her.

"Hm?" She popped up on her elbow.

"Can't you stay tonight? We will go back tomorrow and don't know when we will be back after this," she ran her hands in Zahra's hair making her take a deep breath.

"I don't know. I will ask aunty," she mumbled sleepily with her eyes closed. Zoha and Mansha shared a glance before laughing out loud.

"You did not get married to aunty. Ask your husband," she smacked the back of her head.

Husband. It only meant Cinar for her some time. Now it was Ammar.

She swallowed sitting up trying to get him out of her mind and smiled for the sake of not getting them worried.

"How would I ask him?" She asked them getting nervous.

"What do you mean how? Just go and say you are staying here tonight," Zoha shrugged making her look down at her palms thinking.