Chapter#07

Healing was difficult. Some days you are okay and doing just fine. Other days it all starts to hurt like day one. It was a process with no definitive time frame. You just have to keep going and know that when all is said and done, you are going to be okay for most of the time.

But that was the only problem too. Zahra could not say it all out. Even if she tried harder every time. Her throat would clog up, her mouth would go dry. Her mind would be in its own storm to even let her tongue move. Her whole body would go stiff in seconds.

And then there was no one she wanted to burden with her problems.

Zoha was married and happy in her life, her mother was already so tense about her, she didn't want to get her more worried. The kids were too small to even understand her condition.

Which left her brother and sister-in-law. She knew they would be here anytime she would want them but she didn't want to.

Everything revolved around her own will and she wasn't willing to take the stress, the demons out.

She was not wanting to.
_

Zahra mailed the design to Harib and shut the flip off putting the laptop away.

Opening the messy bun of her hair, she ran her hands through her caramel brown locks, feeling relaxed than other days.

"Aapi, Zaheer bhai is on the call," Areesha burst inside breathing heavily and Bilal followed the suit breathing hard too.

She figured that they were racing to call her first.

Her brother's life must be too long that she was just thinking about him. 

"Coming." She slipped down the bed, walking out with them who had grins covering their whole faces.

"Where's Mama?" She asked looking around.

"She has gone to neighbors," Bilal said sitting beside her.

"Hello?" She picked the receiver taking a deep breath.

"Hey, How are you?" She closed her eyes, hearing her brother's voice after more than a month.

"I am good. What about you, Bhabi and Moosa?" She asked with a smile gracing her lips.

She couldn't help herself, only thinking about that little munchkin made her heart swell with love.

"Everyone's good. Mansha is at her mother's so I called." He sounded a little awkward to her, she couldn't even blame him because she was hell awkward herself.

"Um, and how's work and all?" She asked looking at Bilal and Areesha's excitement to talk to their elder brother.

"Everything is good, Alhamdulillah. You tell me, how is your job?"

"It's going good as well."

"How is everyone at home?" She pressed her lips.

"They are all good. Areesha and Bilal are excited to talk to you,"

"Here." she handed the phone to Bilal.

"I am fine. Yes, Aapi is fine too. No, she doesn't take care of herself. She only works, works, and beats us," she raised her brows at Bilal who replied with an eye roll.

"Yes, Areesha is here too," He handed the phone to Areesha before running to Sara to tease her.

"Yes, okay. How is Moosa? We miss him so much," Areesha smiled.

"Yes, everything is good,"

"Yes, Aapi is still here," she handed the phone back.

"I will call you from my phone," she muttered putting the receiver back. Zahra dropped a kiss on Areesha's forehead walking out into the garden.