Chapter#31

Zahra put the cup down, her eyes fixed on her iPad's screen, trying to ignore her surroundings as she sat in the cafeteria.

The walls of her cabin had gotten too suffocated for her to sit there all day.

"Hey," looking up she found a girl about her age. Zahra remembered her from the accounts department.

"Hi," she smiled a little uncomfortably.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" She shook her head seeing the girl slipping in front of her.

"Um, you are on a higher position than me but I would still talk to you as a friend," she said and Zahra smiled.

"It's okay. What do you want to talk about?" The girl looked around before turning back to look at her face.

"I have heard that you and Sir Ammar are married, is it true?" Zahra huffed out. Annoyance taking up her expressions. As much as she was wanting to be gentle and not snap they were only making her do it.

"Yes, is there any problem with it?" She looked her dead in the eye but the girl smiled.

"I know you are getting annoyed but I won't blame you. I was just here to congratulate you and Sir. I am really happy that you both didn't bother making it clear to anyone. They don't need your clarifications," Zahra frowned for a moment before looking down at her hands.

"Thank you but we only wanted to keep our private life separate, which only led to more misunderstandings,"

"I know. I have heard the worst things about you both in here but trust me they are all just going to bark and move on. Don't pay any heed to them. They are going to say things to me too now that I conversed with you," Zahra swallowed down her throat.

"I will not take more of your time but I would say don't let their words get to you. They are just mere people. They shouldn't have a right to ruin your happiness. And congratulations once again," she smiled walking away but Zahra was stunned at her place.

She didn't know how that girl knew all that. She didn't know why her words were making her feel like doing what she said. Why her words affected her like that?

Making her way back up, lost in her thoughts, Zahra bumped into the guy from the day before and her hands balled against her sides.

"Oh you, thought about my words?" He smirked fixing the papers in his file and she exhaled heavily.

"Of course," an almost sinister smile took over her face as she crossed her hands over her chest.

"Really?" His brows shot up as if surprised before he stood straighter.

"So? What do you say? Will you go with me today?" She smiled wider seeing his smile not getting off his lips. 

"You know what? I couldn't seem to get your words out of my mind the whole night," she said and saw his brows twitching. 

"Well, quite a charmer I am then," he was enjoying it. She couldn't help but smirk mentally.

Men!

"See you at the backside of the building at exactly six. What do you say?" She leaned in, raising her brows and he nodded almost immediately.

"Oh, definitely. See you later," she walked away and bit her lips trying to hide her smile.

Reaching her cabin she chuckled out. She could not wait to see his expressions.

Shaking her head she got back to work.
_

"Yes, ma?" Ammar sat on the couch beside his mother.

"Call Zahra to-, oh here she is," his mother opened her arm and Zahra smiled slightly sitting on her other side.