Chapter#48

Zahra's eyes snapped open as she felt her stomach contracting.

Her palm shot to her mouth as she ran to the restroom, her mind dizzy as she held the counter.

The sudden pressure and she was emptying her guts again.

After getting control over herself, she washed her face.

Her hands were shaking but she kept washing her face from the cold water.

"Zahra." She heard a knock on the door and closed the tap walking out.

"Are you okay?" She wiped her face from the towel her mother extended.

"I don't know what is coming out when I have not eaten anything," she muttered sitting on the bed, her breaths coming out in puffs.

"I will take you to the hospital in some time." Her mother helped her out and she spotted Zaheer and Mansha already there.

Zaheer stood up and she held his forearm.

"Did you meet him? What did he say?" She looked at him.

"I did not go there," He looked away and she sighed.

She sat on the chair while Mansha poured some juice for her.

"I need all this finished." Mansha gestured toward her breakfast and Zahra took a deep breath.

"The mere sight of food is making me want to puke." She mumbled pushing the plate away.

Mansha clicked her tongue.

"Zahra. This is not how it is going to work. You haven't eaten anything in the night as well."

"Mansha," her mother called Mansha asking her to calm down.

"Aapi." She turned her face to her right and saw Sara running to her.

"My baby," she opened her arms hugging her tightly, and showered her face with kisses.

"Where were you last night?" Zahra pulled her up in her lap.

"I slept while playing with Moosa. I was waiting for you and Mar Bhai," her smile slipped before she cleared her throat.

"We will play a lot with Moosa today, okay?" She nodded.

"You ate your breakfast?" Sara nodded jumping off her lap.

"I am waiting for you in the garden," Sara whispered in her ear and ran out.

"Zahra. Come. I will feed you with my hands." Her mother pulled her chair beside her and tore her paratha.

She sighed looking at her brother who was staring in his tea silently.
_

Ammar ran a hand through his wet hair and slipped on the chair outside ICU.

"Bhai." He found Zohaib and stood up.

"How is Dado?"

"The doctor will be here in half an hour." He nodded.

"Let's go, you need to eat something." They both started to make their way to the cafeteria.

He pushed his hands in the pocket of his jeans.

The early morning breeze was chilly because of the rain last night and he forgot to bring a jacket in rush.

He sat on the table as Zohaib went away to buy something for them.

His mind flashing back to the morning in Cappadocia when she had scolded him for forgetting his jacket.

He wondered if Zahra had eaten something. He knew how stubborn she could get when she is angry.