Chapter#08

Ammar stood up from the breakfast table clearing his throat.

"I will be back a little late, okay?" His mother shot him a glare.

"Why are you in such a hurry? You came just last night after a week and now you are rushing to work. No one of you has time for your mother," She muttered the last part to herself and he pressed his lips guiltily.

"I am sorry but I promise I will try to be back as early as I can. Now please give me a smile so I can go," He slipped on his suit jacket.

She sighed before pressing her lips in a smile and nodded.

"Have a nice day, Allah Hafiz," He grinned giving her a forehead kiss, and ran out, settling in the car.

The smile wasn't leaving his face as he made his way to the office. Adrenaline was pumping through his veins in the excitement.

He covered the thirty-minute ride in twenty minutes and jumped out of the driving seat handing the keys to the guard and took a deep breath entering the building with hurried steps.

Nodding his head to all the greetings, he made his way upstairs.

He looked around before greeting the receptionist.

"Is Ms. Zahra here?" He asked trying to act casual and she nodded, still typing over her keyboard.

"She just went to the left corridor," He thanked making his way to the left and moved his eyes around.

He sighed, shutting his eyes as he reached the end of the corridor and stopped.

Just as he turned around, his eyes widen finding her rushing his way.

She hadn't looked up as she ran her thumb under her eye and halted as she finally spotted a person just before the ladies' washroom.

Her eyes shot up and his widened. He stared directly in her bloodshot orbs. They were red, the veins visible as if she was resisting the tears hard.

The emotions were so raw in her eyes, so intense that his heart picked up its rate.

She cleared her throat looking away.

"Excuse me," he blinked rapidly, coming to his senses before stepping aside and she brushed past him into the restroom making him stare at the closed door.

The echoes of her whisper still vibrating in his ears.

He glanced at the door once again before walking out of the corridor and to his cabin silently.
_

Zahra pushed her palm deeper into her mouth, to not make a sound and leaned her back on the wall.

The fight with Husna still burning her heart. The hateful words thrown by both of them were ringing inside her mind.

She shut her eyes close letting the tears of agony run down once and for all as her mind went back to the whole scene.

Zahra had bought Husna's favorite chocolates to lift her mood from whatever was bothering her from the past few days. She had even come early to have a little talk with her alone before the whole staff starts to fill in.

She made her way directly to the right corridor and into the hall, where Husna's cubicle was.

And as always Husna was there, with her head on her folded arms. Her body tensed. 

Zahra frowned before shaking her shoulder a bit and Husna startled looking up and sat straight on her chair.

"Hey, are you fine?" She leaned on her table and Husna nodded not looking up but playing with the ring in her hand.