Chapter#19

Zahra moistened her dried lips and stepped in with Mansha holding her arm for support. She didn't look up but she could feel their gazes on them. The room bathing in silence.

"Idhar aao, meri beti," his mother stood up and she pressed her lips in a smile and walked to her.

(Come here, my daughter)

His mother air-kissed her cheeks, giving her the most genuine smile.

"This is Ammar's Dado," she introduced the older woman on their right and Zahra said her Salam bending her head. His Dado stood up enveloping her in a hug catching her off guard.

Ammar pressed his lips at her shocked face.

"Itni pyari bachi hai, Masha'Allah," she gushed making Zahra's heart beat wildly in her chest.

"Come, sit here," Hasan uncle said standing up and she smiled walking to him. He side hugged her before she sat between both of his parents.

"Arey Hasan, let me sit there," his Dado clicked his tongue at her son and everyone chuckled.

They shifted places and now his Dado sat beside her, throwing compliments every now and then.

She had pulled everyone's attention onto her since she walked into the room and Ammar smiled with pride in his heart. He knew by the look on his Dado's face that she had liked her too much.

"I think we should now discuss the main things," Zaheer cleared his throat and everyone's attention was now snapped on him.

She mentally thanked him, sighing, and dropped her shoulders a little. She was sitting a little too stiffly.

"Zahra wants at least two months before the wedding," he stated looking at everyone.

Ammar's lips pouted a little before he composed himself.

'Two months are too much, okay?'

He reasoned with himself.

"Yes, we will need some time for preparations as well. I think we should do an engagement in an upcoming week and nikkah and rukhsati after two months," his mother suggested and Mansha looked at her mother asking her if it seemed right.

Her mother smiled nodding.

"We will be leaving by next Wednesday. We can have a small engagement party on Tuesday," her brother said and Zahra sat there fidgeting with the same ring. She had trusted her brother on all those matters. Letting him decide for her.

Ammar glanced at her as everyone seemed to be involved and she looked around at the same time. Her eyes stopping on him.

His heart skipped a beat seeing her blue eyes, they were looking so beautiful with the dark-colored dupatta she wore on her head.

He looked away awkwardly when Ayan jumped in his lap.

"Chachu," he nodded ruffling his hair.

"I am enjoying it so much. Do you want to come?" Ayan asked and he shook his head.

"No, bro. I can't. You go," Ayan nodded walking out and he glanced at her again but she was busy with Rida and Amna.

He was shortly pulled in for the talk with the men as the women started on their shopping and all.

It was so beautiful seeing their families getting along.

Mansha called them out for dinner after some time.

They were all settled along the dining table as the kids sat in the lounge.

"Ammar, take some biryani. Your plate is empty," her mother said passing him the dish.