Chapter#43

Zahra walked out of the washroom freshly showered and glanced at Ammar rolling her eyes.

"Don't be a drama queen now. Go and shower."

"You think I am overacting?"

"Yes, you are." She sat on the bed applying lotion to her hands.

"You wounded me," He put a hand over his heart before sitting up acting as if in pain.

"Look, my legs hurt so fucking much." He muttered massaging under his knee.

"Are you this weak? You said you used to gym before? Was it a lie?" She narrowed her eyes and he clicked his tongue.

"I wasn't regular. It was just the kind of to stay on track. You are trying to make me a skeleton."

"You always cry like a baby. Go and shower now. You are smelling gross." She scrunched up her nose and he huffed walking to the restroom.

She changed the bedsheets and sprayed some air freshener around.

All the junk food that they had been trying to resist for the week was spread on the bed.  

Sitting cross-legged on the bed she started scrolling through her Netflix.

They had made it a ritual to watch a movie once a week with all the junk they would avoid strictly throughout the week and she made sure it stays resisted.

Zahra roamed her eyes around the room waiting for him.

They had gotten comfortable around each other. She would crack jokes with him. Tease him about acting like a baby. Cry when her heart feel too full and he would open up to her about whatever would be bothering him. He would simply hold her hand and tell her whatever would be going on in his mind.

It was how far they had come in their relationship after eight months of their marriage.

And neither of them was complaining.

They are both happy at the pace. They were taking their time understanding each other. Giving each other the needed time and space. Building their relationship. Building a connection. A chemistry.

They have become each other's best friends. They share everything they have going on in their mind. Every doubt, or uncertain thought to every stupid and random question or theory. They enjoyed each other's company.

They had started to become each other's support.

They were not soulmates yet but they were going somewhere and they were happy with that.

The click of the lock made her come out of her thoughts and she muttered a 'finally' before leaning back.

"It seems like you took a bath for other six months too," He rubbed his hair from the towel before throwing it on the bed, jumping beside her.

"Ammar." She called and he huffed.

"Zahra shut up and leave it there." He muttered opening a packet of chips.

She gritted her teeth before smacking his shoulder.

"Keep eating and become a hippo one day," She picked up the towel hanging it on the balcony, and walked to the washroom knowing all the bottles caps would be opened.

"Zahra," He dropped his head in the mattress crying out loud.

She scrunched her nose before putting everything back in its place.

"Come already." He called from outside.

"Zaaahraaaaa." He dragged her name before she huffed and walked out washing her hands and got in the bed.