Chapter#51

There was a certain kind of peacefulness in the air that day.  The feeling of calm.

The storm last night had subsided and the aftermaths were left.

There weren't any tears today but the silent hurt of heart as the Baig family remembered their mother.

The whole day went by silently as the people came and went, pouring in their condolences.

And as the sun set among the horizon, Ammar bowed his head in front of his Creator.

Completing his namaz, his hands rose in dua as he murmured prayers from his heart.

And even after tracing his hands on his face with a sigh of Ameen, he kept seated there.

His heart felt peaceful. Calm. In solace.

"Bhai," the shake on his shoulder made him look up at Zohaib as he offered a small smile before slipping beside him.

"It's completely dark outside,"

"It must be dark in her grave too," he voiced out and Zohaib looked down at his hands.

"Bhai, she has to return to Allah. If not today then tomorrow."

"I know Zohaib. I am not sad that she has returned to her Creator. I am happy that she has gone from this temporary world. Into a much better place," His lips curved up in a soft smile.

"It is so hard to understand you. One minute you are all lost and sad and the other you are smiling that she is gone." He chuckled getting up and held his hand out for his younger brother.

He grabbed it before pulling up and they both started making their way out.

"It's not easy to understand me, and well it must be triple hard for you." Zohaib's lips turned in an offended pout before they both started walking towards home.

"Where were you all evening?"

"With Dado," Zohaib sighed shaking his head.

"You know, it was so peaceful there. No one disturbing us like before. I was complaining and I could imagine what she would say next." Ammar chuckled making Zohaib frown in worry.

"Bhai, you need to rest now."

"Hey, are you trying to call me crazy?" Ammar punched his shoulder.

"It doesn't look like you," Ammar shrugged before they silently walked to their home.

Entering inside they found everyone sat around the corners, reading Qur'an or just lost in their thoughts.

He looked around for Zahra but she was nowhere in sight so he settled beside his mother.

"Took you so long to come back,"

"We were just walking outside." He mumbled dropping his head on her shoulder and she kissed his hand.

"Are you okay?"

"I am." He smiled at his mother.

He looked around finding Mahnoor sitting with his Tayi Ammi.

"Mamu," he looked at his side finding Ayat, and pulled her to his lap.

"Yes, my baby?"

"Why is everyone crying?" He hugged her from the back.

"They are sad,"

"Because of Dado?"

"Yes,"

"Can you give me your phone? I want to play games," he handed it to her as she made herself comfortable in his lap.