Loki

I brought Loki into my house. He was very hesitant about it, but I got him in. I sat him on the couch and grabbed a cloth to put on his scratch. He wouldn't stop watching me. My dog walked up to him and curled up on his lap. I sat beside him and put the cold cloth on his face. 

"How on earth did you fall from the sky?" I ask him.

"I come from a different place. I came here to seek if someone would truly love me." he tells me.

"Where do you come from?" I ask. I'm so curious about him.

"I come from a place called Asgard. In Asgard I have a brother. He is loved by my father, and I am not." he looks like he is shaking with anger. He grips his staff tightly.

"Hey, hey it's going to be okay. I'll be here for you." I tell him. He looks up at me and smiles.

"Thank you," Loki says. I look at his clothes. There are rips everywhere, exposing his skin. I put my hand on the biggest rip. Loki stiffens. I giggle. I take the staff from his hand and take it to the spare bedroom. I lean it against the wall and go into the closet. Some of my Dad's old farm clothes are in here. They look like they will fit Loki for now. I take the pair of jeans and the shirt and walk back to Loki. He is rubbing some dirt off of it. I hand him the clothes.

"What are these?" he takes them in his hands and looks at me.

"They're clothes so you can change out of what you a wearing now." I tell him.

"Mackenna?"

"Yeah?"

"This place you live in. Don't you have anyone to be with?" he asks. That question hits me. I had a someone 3 years ago.

"I did have someone. 3 years ago I was about the luckiest girl in the world. My boyfriend proposed to me  and we bought this farm together. One day he had to go get some supplies to build a shed. Someone ran a stop sign and hit his truck and killed him." I tell Loki and start crying. I sit beside Loki and lean into his shoulder. I wrap my arms around him. He stays still. As I'm crying, all of the sudden he moves his around me and strokes my hair. 

"Don't worry, Mackenna, I'll always be here for you."