Truth

Mackenna

I lead my parents outside.
"I'm going to miss you." I say as I hug my mom. Dad is sitting in the car waiting for mom. Loki walks out of the house and wraps his arms around my waist. I wave to my parents as they start the car and drive away. They honk the horn and disappear from my sight. Loki has his chin resting on my shoulder. I let my dog out. She runs as fast as she can onto the lawn. Loki kisses my neck. I close my eyes. I let Loki intertwine his fingers in my hair. He runs his hand down the side of my body. My dog comes rushing back. I open my eyes and go inside. It's almost December already. The first snow fall is supposed to hit tonight. The dark clouds are already visible in the distance.
Loki sits on the couch and turns on the tv. He looks out the window and he stands up. Without reason he walks outside. I follow him.
"Loki? What's the matter?" I ask him as I catch up to him. He is shaking with anger. I grab his arm. His skin turns blue under my touch. I pull my hand away.
"Loki?" I mumble. He pulls his arm away. He breaths heavily for a couple of minutes. It starts to snow. I pull on his arm.
"Loki come inside. It's starting to snow." I tell him. He shoves me away and I fall. I land funny so my fake leg falls off. It scrapes me. Loki turns around and spots me on the ground.
"Mackenna! I'm so sorry! I don't know what I was doing." He kneels down beside me. His hands shake as he tries to put my leg back on. I'm still in shock from the way he behaved. I move his shaky hands away from me and put it on myself.
"Loki why did your skin turn blue?" I ask, my curiosity at a tipping point. I stand.
"You don't know who I truly am. And I hope you will never have to see me like that." He tells me as he leads me to the house. I stop.
"Loki if I'm going to be with you I at least deserve to see who you truly are. I don't want to be kept in the dark while you struggle. I want to be there to help," I tell him.
"You really want to see me, for who I am?" He stares at me with his green eyes. I nod. He sighs and closes his eyes. His whole figure shudders. His skin begins to turn a deep blue. There are lines on his face and marking his body. He opens his eyes. There is no trace of his beautiful green. Instead they are a deep, crimson red. I stand there taking in his new form.
"Oh Loki. Why didn't you tell me before?" I ask him.
"Because I thought I would scare you away. I don't want to loose you." He tells me. He walks towards me. It freaks me out a little bit when he touches me. His skin is cold, to match the colour of it. He hugs me and holds me there. I close my eyes. He smells like lilacs again. I can feel the little snowflakes landing on my exposed skin. When I open my eyes again, his skin is no longer blue, but is back to normal. His green eyes have returned. Loki's black hair has little crystals lying in it from the snow. I look up at the snow. I release Loki and walk a little ways away from him. I look up and open my mouth. A huge snowflake drifts towards me and I catch it on my tongue. Loki sees what I'm doing and tries to copy. I watch him. One lands right in his eye.
"Agh. Come on!" He says. I laugh.
"Haha! You got to catch them in your mouth! Not your eye!" I laugh. He starts laughing too. He tries again and gets one right on his tongue. I clap my hands together. I shiver in the cold. Loki takes my hand and brings me inside. I make us both some hot chocolate.
"Good job catching those snowflakes," I call out to him as I put little marshmallows into the cup. He chuckles. I hand him the hot cocoa.
"You know Mackenna. You never told me your dog's name." He tells me.
"I got her the day before you came. I forgot to name her." I laugh at my forgetfulness.
"Well what would you name her?" He asks. I shrug. He looks at my dog.
"She seems to like the snow. Hmm." He rubs her snowy white fur.
"How about frosty?" He suggests. I smile.
"Frosty. That suits her. I like it." I hug Loki. He wraps his arms around my back. It feels better like this.
"Mackenna?"
"Yeah?"
"Do you want to come to Asgard with me?"